Session 14


Chat log started at 7.2.2013 / 19:35:30


Chat log started at 7.2.2013 / 20:08:45

‘Pitr De Vries’ connected
‘Nick’ connected
‘Alex’ connected
HAIL TO THEE AND GOOD MORROW, NEIGHBORLY TYPE FELLOWS!
Raegar: one moment
Raegar: i need a drink
Raegar: (of water)
IT IS WITH GREAT PLEASURE I BID YOU WELCOME TO TONIGHT’S EDITION OF REAL WRESTLING: KAKAPO EDITION!
Alex (Hoxton): Hallo
Campaign saved.
Raegar: ‘ELLO MAITE
Douglet will be along just as soon as his victuals have been re-heated.
Raegar: Ahhh vittles..
Raegar: i wish i had more sprite..
Raegar: or 7 up..
Raegar: or dr. pepper..
Raegar: i want soda..
Campaign saved.
wtb drP
I will delay your inevitable doom for drP..
Raegar: I wonder if im too young to wear cardigans..
Raegar: they are ultra hip right now..
Raegar: and they ARE comfortable..
…hmm..
’Alex’ disconnected
‘Alex’ connected
nobody alive? Nobody? SCREW YOU GUYS
Campaign saved.
fine, I’ll just sit here with my rum and my tea and … mope..
Alex (Hoxton): I am alive
Raegar: you cant mix those..
yeah, you also have an excuse.
Raegar: they’ll taste horrible..
I don’t mix rum anyway
I didn’t say rum-and-tea or rum-in-tea
I said rum.. and my tea..
implying separation of rum and state.
Raegar: althought, you could call it a Colonial Spritzer
I’d rather call it “no” and not waste either
Raegar: ever have Rooibos?
Raegar: I love that stuff.
‘Doug’ connected
Raegar: South African tea
Nick (Shae Vanderin): heya all.
Raegar: ooooooh eeeeeeh..
Raegar: HIYA nick
Raegar: Hiya Doug!
Campaign saved.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Howdy
how-dee!
Nick (Shae Vanderin): Cant believe its been a week.
Nick (Shae Vanderin): It seems like longer.
Indeeeeeeeed…
Nick (Shae Vanderin): anyway are we all here?
Raegar: not under the glorious leadership of our beloved general
Nick (Shae Vanderin): and did you do a recap? If not no worries.
no, there is no recap.
Nick (Shae Vanderin): np. what was the exact quote of what Raegar said to Shae before we cut out last time?
When last we gathered together under the loving light of Horus, the party had just returned to Garmol and Ashby with the peasants. A dark deal was made between Raegar and the governor, a name was given, and much blood was shed. Raegar has just returned now to Ashby with Ilphvrae, meeting Shae on the road…
He said but one thing.
“The Dalrithaar state executed all of the nobles and merchants in the city.”
Doug (Ilphvrae): They killed all the nobles and merchants, sucks to be them?
Campaign saved.
Nick (Shae Vanderin): I think we were in Ashby
yeah.
you met him at the entrance, as it were.
Shae Vanderin: “Thats not a funny joke Raegar.”
Raegar crosses his arms and taps his fingers impatiently.
Raegar: “Its not a joke.”
Raegar: “They are gone.”
Shae Vanderin: “Thats… that cannot be true. Why would.. how, I cannot..”
Raegar: “I figured it out yesterday, I had a feeling you wouldn’t want to see the hangings.”
Ilphvrae: “He is not joking, Shae.”
Raegar: “That would be the reason I told you to skip town..”
Shae Vanderin nearly falls over in shock, catching herself barely.
Ilphvrae: “She is well within the power given her by the crown.”
Campaign saved.
→ Ilphvrae: oh boo, you’re not on xfire so I can’t pester you.
Shae Vanderin just sits there shaking her head slowly looking at the ground lips moving with silent questions.
Raegar taps Shae on the shoulder.
Raegar: “It’ll pass.”
Shae Vanderin bursts to her feet, “Pass?!”
Shae Vanderin: “Will it pass for the dead? For the children who were either killed alongside their parents or left as orphans? What of the lands and property of the nobles, will that go to their descendents or fall into the hands of Colonel Semara and this whole corrupt state?!!!”
Raegar: “Thats hillarious.”
Shae Vanderin: “Judgement was passed without trial, for what crime did these nobles commit that deserved their deaths?”
Raegar: “Where was this compasion for these folk here?”
Raegar waves vaguely at Ashby.
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “What about their children? Dying of hunger. So that those same Nobles can grow fat on the bones of the innocent..?”
Shae Vanderin looks at Raegar evenly, “Death is eternal… force the nobles into fairness if they are corrupt but behead them? All of them???!!! for the crimes of some? That is guilt by association and if you cannot see this is injustice then we have reached an absolute impasse.”
Ilphvrae: “They abused their power, and paid a stiff penalty for it. It may be a lesson for the other cities for the nobles there to be noble and treat the lower classes properly.”
Shae Vanderin: “That is a statement of evil Ilphvrae. I know where you stand it seems.”
Raegar: “I come from a place… Where the nobility has … Greater sway… You have no idea of what true evil is.”
Raegar: “They gave them a quick death, thats more than they offered the peasentry.”
Raegar starts moving off towards the center of town.
Campaign saved.
Raegar turns around without stopping.. Walking backwards..
Ilphvrae: “Statement of evil? No what is evil is the down trodden life these people were forced to live. THATS EVIL! I know where you stand Shae.”
Ilphvrae follows Raegar
Shae Vanderin draws her sword and draws a line on the ground that separates herself from the others.
Meanwhile, a crowd has begun to gather, attracted by the heated argument.
Raegar stops.
Shae Vanderin: “For the rest of this night I claim no association with you. I am leaving and will perhaps return tomorrow once I find some answers.”
Raegar: “Really? Who are you going to appeal to? The governor?”
Shae Vanderin: “I must do something!”
Shae Vanderin starts heading back to Garmol.
Raegar: “All you are going to do is end up dead in a ditch.”
Ilphvrae turns around and looks at Shae “your still here?” /em Looks at Raegar “told she was not going to react well.” shrugs
Shae, you start heading back to Garmol.
Raegar heads off the find Selene.
Ilphvrae follows Raegar
Campaign saved.
You can find her easily enough.
The crowd remains, stunned.
Raegar groans..
Raegar turns to face the crowd.
Raegar: “Yes, all I’ve said is true. The old nobility is dead. You are all truly free.”
Raegar: “As long as you stay in Ashby, no one can force you to return to your old state.”
At that statement… Shae can hear the cheering from the road.
For those still in Ashby.. its deafening.
As said, you can find Selene fairly easily.
She’s staying off to the side and apart from the celebrating throngs.
Raegar: “What’s your appreciation of the situation?”
Selene: “Which situation? Garmol?”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Indeed.”
Selene: “I would say that we fought a war to end this nation. We left its rulers in place because we felt they would do a better job than we. They violated that trust and abused their granted freedoms. They suffered the same fate as any oathbreaker should.”
Selene: “I care nothing for the lives of a few dozen – or even a few hundred – human noblemen.”
Raegar: “Good..”
Raegar: “Then you will agree, we cannot let Shae go off and ruin my good name without being at least watched.”
Ilphvrae: “Well said Selene. I wish I had your skill with words.”
Raegar: “Someone, needs to warn the governor.”
Raegar: “Perhaps before she gets into too much trouble.”
Ilphvrae: “We could just remove the problem.” shrugs
Selene: “I have no desire to see Shae killed.”
Raegar: “No, She hasn’t done anything that warrants her death.”
Ilphvrae: “Once she breaks the law, that is.”
Raegar: “No… She is a … complicated individual.”
Raegar: “The events of the last few days could have dazed her psyche quite a bit..”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Her concerns aren’t unfounded, I simply think the result we have now is for the best..”
Raegar: “She disagrees..”
Raegar: “I am of the opinion that she could get into quite a lot of trouble on the path she is on at the moment..”
Selene: “As you said – dead in a ditch.”
Raegar: “I will not have her death on my conscience without having done anyting to prevent it.”
Raegar: thing*
Selene: “What message would you have me deliver to the governor, then?”
Ilphvrae: “You did do something Raegar, you sent her off before she could get killed in the first place. This is her choice to go and do whatever it is she does. Wash your hands of it.”
Ilphvrae: “She chose to behave in a very poor manner, after you had saved her life.”
Raegar: “She needs to know that Shae Vanderin is looking into the issue of the dead nobles, she needs to be steered towards something that will satisfy her curiosity without it being politically troublesome for the Governor..”
Ilphvrae shrugs
Raegar: “That is the message I would wish delivered..”
Ilphvrae: “The governor will just have her arrested and hang her, not re-direct her else where.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: "Ilphvrae… Shae has a past that makes supporting, what you called the “lower classes”, difficult..“
”color:#000054;">Raegar: “I.. Don’t think the governor would do that…”
Raegar: “If she knows shes coming.. and it comes from me..”
Ilphvrae: “You don’t know my people very well do you.”
Selene: “I’m forced to agree with Ilphvrae.. the governor likes you – but Shae is a foreigner meddling in our affairs.”
Selene: “A foreigner from a region with a history of meddling.”
Raegar: “Ugh.. It would be so much easier if Shae could see why this is for the best.”
Raegar rubs his temples..
Raegar: “This is giving me a headache..”
Raegar: “So what can we do to save Shae? I know you aren’t all in favor… But still..”
Selene: “I believe she was in too much of a huff to take a horse, we could catch up to her.”
Ilphvrae steps in close to Raegar “I am of noble blood, the life of my people has been more tramatic then anything Shae could ever dream of. Yet I have compashion for these people, these humans. This governor has compashion as well.”
Raegar: “Good point..”
Campaign saved.
Ilphvrae continues “Shae wants them controled, broken, poor while she gets rich.” /em spits
Ilphvrae: “You have not led us afoul yet Raegar, I will follow your lead even if I don’t agree that she is worth the effort.”
Raegar: “I don’t know anymore..”
Raegar: “I’m frankly doubting she will listen to me.”
Selene: “Time’s wasting, folks.. if you want to catch up, we still can. If not…”
Raegar: “I think she may even think I am somehow involved..”
Raegar: “Ugh.. If I dont go after her I will never live it down.. Saddle the horses..”
Ilphvrae mounts up
Raegar: go find a hooorse
Campaign saved.
You find the horses.
Raegar: riiide out towards garmol
You do so.
In the distance (by now) you see a lone figure striding meaningfully towards the city.
being mounted, its not particularly difficult to catch up.
Shae Vanderin: Stop and turn around if I hear horses.
You do, I expect. They’re not quiet, especially on a road at speed.
And there are three.
Raegar: “Stop this nonsense Shae. Come back to Ashby.”
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: “Look. All I want is some answers and I think Im smart enough to avoid trouble given what has just happened.”
Raegar: “You will seriously die a quick and undignified death if you start asking the wrong questions in Garmol.”
Shae Vanderin: “Raegar… Im happy you are worried for my safety. But unless you can answer these questions, truthfully, then I have to find the answers in Garmol.”
Raegar: “What are your questions?”
Shae Vanderin: “First, how many nobles and merchants were put to death. It need not be an exact number but must be a fair estimate.”
Ilphvrae: “Shae… She will kill you, plain and simple. You go ask a question, it will get back to her and your dead. The people who are now free from opression will turn you in, in the blink of an eye.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Shae, from what I’ve seen, a few dozen at most.”
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Sense Motive]
[1d20+6 = 22]
Raegar: to be clear
Raegar: im trying to give a true answer
Raegar: was it more than that morgan?
Sorry, was tabbed out.
Doug (Ilphvrae): We left as she was in the process, I think she was going for them all.
Doug (Ilphvrae): not just a few but ever single one of them
Raegar: yea but we could estimate from the gibbets
Shae – he’s telling the truth.
Raegar: and i saw things you didnt see..
Raegar – give me a moment to check the log.
Shae Vanderin nods solemnly.
Shae Vanderin: “Second, what became of the noble and merchant children and servants? Were they executed as well?”
Doug (Ilphvrae): Yeah I know you did, but ropes can be resused and there were “scuffles” before the hangings
Raegar: true true
Doug (Ilphvrae): She intended to wipe them all out
Doug (Ilphvrae): Merchants and nobles
Raegar: not all the merchants
Raegar: she needs them
Raegar: all the NOBLES .. yes
Doug (Ilphvrae): easier to start from scratch and import more.
Raegar: quite
Raegar: Its also incredibly hard to attract traders to come to your port of call if you just finished porgroming the shit out of a lot of ‘em
Campaign saved.
Doug (Ilphvrae): True but it also makes sure you get ones that are going to behave.
Raegar: “I expect the servants are free to pursue other employment opportunities.”
Doug (Ilphvrae): I would not be supprised to see more goverment troops in the city
as I mentioned when you were there, you saw banners for three or four different regiments – there had only been one.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Then ALL the nobles are dead if they did not escape.
Raegar: “I did not see any dead children, from what I saw, my best guess is they were going from house to house and wipping them out.”
Doug (Ilphvrae): just my thoughts
Raegar: “I do not think any of the ones they expected to catch saw their families go free.”
Raegar: “I also dont think they killed everyone.”
Raegar: “I suspect most of the ones they judged innocent are imprisonned.”
Raegar: “I could enquire in the future for you.”
Raegar: “I simply do not have the answer at this time..”
Doug (Ilphvrae): Mind you this is me not Ilphy talking :)
Shae Vanderin: “Thats my reason for going to Garmol now. To find out.”
Raegar: “Wait, I answered one of your questions, answer one of mine.”
Raegar: “To what end?”
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: “Merely so that I can find the extent of the crimes.”
Shae Vanderin: that last statment is a lie let me know if you need a bluff.
Raegar: “That is what I thought.”
Raegar: "Shae, you have to understand, for the general population in this country, this wasn’t a crime.“
”color:#000054;">Raegar: “This was just reward for what they had to suffer through.”
Selene:
[1d20 = 13]
→ Shae Vanderin: yeah, give it to me, but feel free to roll it off to the side so it isn’t public.
Raegar: “You have nothing to gain with your line of behaviour.”
Ilphvrae: “This was not a crime, Shae. The Governor broke no laws in her actions.”
Shae Vanderin: 11 + 8 = 19
→ Shae Vanderin: kk, ty
Shae Vanderin: “Ok. I understand that. But what harm does it do to find out, even if it is just to satisfy my curiosity. Maybe so that we can learn the extent of the harshness of the local law, if it extends to the children of the accused.”
Raegar: “The harm, frankly, will be to you.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Ilphvrae.. Tell her what you told me earlier..”
Ilphvrae: “Hey it is your neck. Go ask your questions and when your on the scafold remember what we told you.”
Ilphvrae: “Tell her what part, Raegar?”
Ilphvrae: “I said a lot of things.”
Shae Vanderin: “Im sure the entire population is celebrating and discussing the deaths of their noble and merchant overlords. I could hear the cheering as I left garmol from those in Ashby. How hard would it be just to ask some of the commoners in taverns? That is all I emant to do.”
Raegar: “…Why not do that in Ashby?”
Raegar: “Ugh.. no.. Not in Ashby..”
Raegar: “With your luck, you’ll bring an inquisition to my town..”
Shae Vanderin: “Because those in Ashby were not there.”
Raegar: “Sometimes, its best to let sleeping dogs lie.”
Ilphvrae: “Those same commonors that were hurt by the nobles? Oppressed by them? Think about it…”
Raegar: "And right now, you are pokeing a bloody Owlbear. “
”color:#000054;">Raegar: “Not a dog. Owlbear.”
Raegar scowls at Ilphvrae.
Raegar: “I thought you were on my side..”
Ilphvrae: “I am on your side, what a silly question.”
Ilphvrae: “I was talking to shae and his wanting to talk to the commoners in the city.”
Ilphvrae: her*
Shae Vanderin: “Lets cut to the meat of this conversation. Is this an ultimatum by you both for me not to go into Garmol asking questions?”
Raegar looks perplexed.
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “No Shae.. Its not an ultimatum.”
Raegar: “You have your own freedom. I would not take it from you.”
Raegar: “This was a warning.”
Ilphvrae: "I am not giving you any ultimatum. I don’t care what you do, its your death. I am here to support Raegar. He is my leader and he said “lets go try and keep Shae from killing herself”.“
”color:#540000;">Shae Vanderin sighs, “Very well. Then trust me on this. I will be careful both to myself and to you all. Despite our differences Ilphvrae, I give you my word on that as well.”
Ilphvrae nods to Shae “Do as you must.”
Shae Vanderin bows to Raegar and Ilphvrae then continues to Garmol.
Ilphvrae Looks to Raegar “What are we going to do now?”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Good luck..”
Raegar: “Shae.”
Raegar turns back towards Ashby.
Raegar turns back to Ashby.. Shae turns back to Garmol.
Nick (Shae Vanderin): Shaes time in Ashby should be relatively short so it wont slow down the game, apologies for separating the group.
Garmol*
Alright folks, I’m going to bounce to Garmol now.
Ilphvrae follows Raegar
Our scene is the gates of Garmol. It is evening, the sun is beginning to sink towards the horizon.
The gates loom open, flanked by two elven guards in black livery.
Shae Vanderin: Try to enter and if successful head to that same bar I stayed at.
You have no difficulty in entering the city. Even at this hour, the streets are a-bustle with activity.
Campaign saved.
Celebrating rings out from every tavern and inn, and people still chatter excitedly in the streets.
Shae Vanderin: Just going to use gather information to find out the list of nobles and merchants (or a rough count of how many) that were killed, what became of the noble/merchant children, and who now is legal owner of the property of the merchants/nobles. Going about it in a casual way so as not to bring attention to myself, will start at taverns, and even fraternize with some military guards who were there.
Shae Vanderin: Let me know if you want a roll. Successful or not I will spend the night then head back to Ashby in the morning.
Roll them bones.
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Gather Information]
[1d20+4 = 14]
Nick (Shae Vanderin): was going to take 10 anyway lol.
You can’t really take ten in this circumstance.
Or, rather, I guess you can – its taking 20 that requires repeated trial and error.
In any effect, you enter the Drunken Meryak.
The crowd here seems to be a mixture of soldiers and townspeople, mixing fairly thoroughly.
Many of your inquiries to determine the dead are met with drunken amusement – wondering why you care, or indeed why anyone would.
Campaign saved.
As far as you can tell, nobody actually knows what’s to happen to the property, except that its all under guard and a number of officers and clerks are going over it as you speak.
Shae Vanderin: Ok, was Raegar’s assessment correct that it was a few dozen that were killed or?
Estimates range from 20 to “I ’eard it was ’undreds! And a good riddance to the lot!”
This is followed by a cheer and a round of drinks.
Shae Vanderin: Play along then get a room and sleep.
Shae Vanderin: Head back to Ashby in the morning.
You do so.
Shae Vanderin: Look for everyone.
I’m quite happy to fast forward to Shae’s return to Ashby, given very little actually happens at Ashby.
Work proceeds, construction continues.
Raegar: we play dominos and twang on a banjo
Raegar: “Welcome back Shae.”
Shae Vanderin: “Thanks. I was careful.”
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: “So. Aside from building up Ashby, what other plans do we have?”
Raegar: “Errr..”
Raegar: “Well, I for one, would love to find out where that damn dragon came from.”
Shae Vanderin: “Hmm. That is a good question.”
Shae Vanderin: Do I know of any mountain ranges or caves that might exist in the direction that dragon was flying from?
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Knowledge (Geography)] [1d20+3 = 8]
Doug (Ilphvrae): What direction is the “dragon islands from here Morgan?
”color:#000054;“>The dragon lands are south, across the sea.

”color:#000054;“>The dragon was flying south.
”color:#000054;“>Shae – you know of mountains to the southwest on this continent, between Mishria and Carthon.
”color:#540000;“>Ilphvrae points to the south. Get in a ship, sail south until you hit a big landmass and Thar be Dragons…”
Shae Vanderin: “There is a large mountain range separating Carthon from Mishira. Maybe some of the settlers there know more?”
Selene: “As Ilphvrae says.. but they’ve never meddled in our affairs before.”
Raegar: “Perhaps… If we found more tombs.”
Campaign saved.
Ilphvrae: “and I think we should not meddle in theirs so they continue to not meddle in ours…”
Raegar: “That drow… Has to be bad news.”
Shae Vanderin: “There may not be any more that threaten Ashby. Have there been any attacks or undead sightings in the past couple weeks since we cleared out the last one and met that odd dark skinned elf?”
Selene: “No idea.. none that’ve attacked Ashby, certainly, but beyond that..”
Raegar: “Not that I know of, we do have a license to set up a small lumbering operation for the town.”
Raegar: “What we could do is cler out the spiders from the area… Else…”
Ilphvrae: “I could reach out to my father and see if we could get some wagons and bring some trade to these areas…
”color:#000054;">Raegar: “Well… Someone will end up as a snack..”
Shae Vanderin: “Both of those ideas sound good.”
Selene: “Its strange.. I’ve never heard of spiders in this region until we’d seen that dead animal.”
Ilphvrae shivers “Big spiders, yuck.”
Shae Vanderin: “Well, if the spiders are going to hinder the lumber operation they will have to be dealt with sooner or later. Maybe we could scout out a good sight for the mill and then see to securing it from spiders or whatever else there may be.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar nods.
Raegar: “Well, may as well leave.”
Shae Vanderin: “Mind if we take care of the payment split first? I mean from our last job.”
Ilphvrae: “Should I see about some trade wagons still?”
Selene: “If its all the same, I’ll sit this one out – I’d like to check in at Talas and Rurik and see if there’s any news from that direction. Ilphvrae, if you’d like I could carry a letter that way as well, when I go.”
Ilphvrae: “Great Selene, when are you wanting to leave?”
Selene: “Not until you all set out for the forest, I imagine.”
Selene: “I can travel faster on my own – and I’ll be able to find out if there’ve been any undead sightings in that direction.”
Campaign saved.
You prepare to set out for the woods south of Garmol!
Shae Vanderin: “Uh, about that coin split…”
Or not. Uh. Yoo hoo, Raegar!

‘Doug’ disconnected
Doug bluescreened.
Raegar: yuuup
Or something.
‘Doug’ connected
Raegar: so
Raegar, Shae is standing there inquiring about a coin split and not allowing a transition until she’s answered.
Raegar: “Coin split?”
Shae Vanderin: “Yes, my share of the two hundred crowns?”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Ah, yes.”
Raegar: “I believe Ilphvrae has that.”
Ilphvrae tosses the bag of crowns back to Raegar
Raegar: who was with us when we acquired that anyways?
Raegar, Ilph, Hox, Shae, Sel.
iirc?
Raegar: yup, think so…
as a hint, that’s 40 gold.
Raegar splits the crowns equaly.
Shae Vanderin: “All set then. Lets head out.”
Selene takes Ilph’s letter and rides north.
Ryasi tags along, while Lasariel stays behind.
Do you take any of the peasants with you?
Raegar: we will need the foreman
Raegar: to pick a spot

Chat log started at 7.2.2013 / 22:33:58

‘Nick’ connected
‘Doug’ connected
‘Alex’ connected
Nick (Shae Vanderin): whoa
<coughs> whoops.
‘Pitr De Vries’ connected
Nick (Shae Vanderin): lol
silly compy, crashing is for macs.
Raegar: so
Raegar: We ride?
you set out southward!
Doug (Ilphvrae): sure
you reach the forest edge with no incident.
Shae Vanderin: “Well Im no forrester, but it seems the logical plan would be to search the perimeter for an ideal spot to set up the mill.”
Raegar: “As Selene told us, she thought it odd that there were spiders here, I think we should search for the cause.”
Shae Vanderin: “Very well. What of the foreman, will he be venturing into the forest with us?”
Ilphvrae: “I supose that’s the best way to go about it.”
Hermann: “I’m happy staying out here and looking for a construction site!”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Very good, be careful.”
Shae Vanderin: “Any sign of danger, head back to Ashby.”
Hermann: “If there’s any sign of danger, I won’t be here. I’m a valuable specialist.”“
”color:#000054;">Shae Vanderin: “Well I dont know what you mean by specialist but Ill take your word for it.”
Shae Vanderin smiles at Hermann.
Ilphvrae Looks at Raegar and with a straight face says “Well then lets head back to Ashby.”
Ryasi: “You’re all unbelievable; I thought we came here to find spiders or whatever-the-hell is out here.”
Her horse snorts in agreement.
Raegar: “Who the hell are you?”
Shae Vanderin: “Were just shaking off the jitters.”
Ilphvrae: “She is with me.”
Nick (Shae Vanderin): Ryasi is the one I sparred with at the camp right?
Raegar: ooooh
Doug (Ilphvrae): Yes
Yar!
Raegar: “You are the one who was sparring with Shae, correct?”
You hear from down the road a few paces, “They’re just women, Ryasi, ignore them. Cowards – they can’t help it. They’re born that way.”
Ryasi: “Ye—…”
Shae Vanderin: Turn to who said that.
Hoxton continues striding to rendezvous with the group, feet glowing with the guiding light of Horus and the DM!
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: “Ryasi is a woman Hoxton, what are you talking about?”
Raegar: “…Right.”
Raegar starts moving into the forest.
Hoxton: “She’s got more balls than the lot of you put together, Raegar being the exception here. Are we going to smite the unclean, or just stand about here and doing our knitting and the wash?”
Hoxton follows along behind Raegar, laying into the underbrush with mighty scythes of his mace.
Shae Vanderin: “Lead the way O’Mighty man of Horus!”
Shae Vanderin follows looking back at Ilphvrae and rolling her eyes.
Ilphvrae: “Yes, yes more bellowing and clearing of brush, lets let those spiders know where were at.”
Raegar: “Look out for anything spidery and.. poisoney..”
Ilphvrae follows along
…You tramp into the woods!
Raegar is in front?
Raegar: well
Thats how I read it.
Raegar: i have woodsmansey skills
Are you mounted, or did you dismount?
Shae Vanderin: “Tracking things and finding lairs isnt my strongest suit, perhaps you want to take charge on that Raegar?”
Raegar: oh most defenately dismounted
Taking the horses, or leaving them with Hermann?
Campaign saved.
Raegar: with Hermann
Shae Vanderin: Leaving them but bringing supplies with us.
Shae Vanderin: Extra food/water/camping gear ect.
You notice as you’re leaving, Ryasi’s horse – the large black, red maned beast that it is, seems to take charge of herding the rest of the horses.
You set out into the trees..
Shae Vanderin: Probably going single file due to the forest.
Shae Vanderin: Raegar, Hoxton, Shae, Ryasi, Ilph (correct me if Im wrong)
Sounds like.
Raegar: man..
Raegar: people seem to think im a tank..
Raegar: im more of a scout..
no, they think you’re a ranger – which means you’re in front.
Shae Vanderin: scouts go first!
Raegar: It does?
eyup
Raegar: holy crap I dont know what a ranger is
Alex (Hoxton): I’m a tank, but…
Raegar: why did i let you talk me into a ranger
I hate to break this to you
Raegar: =P
Hoxton: Ranger’s lead the way
But in a dungeon, the THIEF leads.
and you don’t get less tanky than a thief without being a finger wiggler.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Yeah
Raegar: fooorth
you sally forth
Raegar: look.. for dangerous.. things
Raegar: of the woodlands
Evening falls without event.
The forest is silent as you advance, as if everything is aware of a great dangerous predator in their midst.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Ask Alex how it feel when the poor rogue does not roll high enough to disarm the KaBOOM…
Raegar: Yea, me.
Shae Vanderin: Standard watch rotation. “I reccomend we keep a fire going as well.”
Raegar: Ive been taking mostly thiefy skills.
You recommend keeping a fire going.
Raegar: like hide…
Doug (Ilphvrae): BTW the rogue was fine I dodged most of it :P
Raegar: and… move silently..
A FIRE IS LIT.
Raegar: GLOOOORIOUS FIRE
Campaign saved.
GM: The night passes uneventfully.
The night passes uneventfully.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Hide and move silent are good for a ranger in the woods, nice scouting skills :)
Shae Vanderin: Is our movement hampered due to the trees or can we move our full speed if needed?
YOu can move full speed if needed, although double movement speed running is pry not doable.
Shae Vanderin: kk
Fourth watch awakens everyone, and…
Spot.. checks?
Ilphvrae: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+9 = 29]
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+5 = 20]
Raegar: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+8 = 13]
Hoxton: Skill [Spot] [1d20+1 = 16]
Doug (Ilphvrae): Nice roll Alex!
Even Hoxton sees the pair of rabbits hanging from a tree on the perimeter of your camp.
Raegar: oh good.
Raegar as well.
Raegar: ill hide now.
Shae Vanderin: “What in the hells?”
Raegar: Skill [Hide] [1d20+10 = 19]
Raegar, where are you hiding by any chance?
Raegar: underbrush
mmmk.
Ilphvrae steps back into the shadows
Ilphvrae: Skill [Hide] [1d20+15 = 23]
Shae Vanderin: Clarification, we didnt notice the rabbits when we set up camp?
Ryasi bolts up a tree, unslinging her weapon as she goes. You hear a soft “click” from that direction.
The rabbits were not there when you set up camp, nor on first, second, or third watch.
Fourth watch either, as far as you are aware..
Hoxton: “Horus has provided a bounty for us to devour as we break fast in his name!”
One moment they weren’t there… the next, Ilph and Ryasi were waking people up, turned back.. and two rabbits are hanging from a tree
Hoxton marches over to the hares to yank them from the tree.
Shae Vanderin: “Hoxton be careful there may be a trap.”
Hoxton: “Woman! Horus-Re provides for his faithful, he does not set traps for them!”
Hoxton, the rabbits come free of their moorings with some trouble.
Hoxton: “I tire of your blasphemy! Now cook these up and let us eat!”
Campaign saved.
Hoxton tosses the rabbits at Shae.
You are able to tear them from the translucent threads holding them aloft, though.
Shae Vanderin: Inspect the rabbits, anything unusual about them?
No marks on them, strangled apparently.
Doug (Ilphvrae): besides the traces of spider webs? :P
Raegar: thats odd in itself.
The web apparently broke cleanly, not sticky.
Raegar: spiders dont strangle things to death..
Raegar: spiders stab things to death.. with their teeth..
Doug (Ilphvrae): I don’t know who is more grossed out. Morgan with spiders or me with fucking webs
Shae Vanderin: “This makes no sense.”
Kiergath: Probably you, given who’s using the spiders…
Kiergath: ;)
Doug (Ilphvrae): :)
Ryasi: “So, were we going to waste a perfectly good proferred last meal?”

Shae Vanderin: “I suppose not, just strange is all..”
Ryasi: “Perhaps its a message?”

Shae Vanderin: Skin and cook up the rabbits.
You cook the rabbits!
It is a delightful start to the day.
Campaign saved.
Hoxton: “It is a gift from Horus-Re, Ryasi, and nothing more. A good omen, showing sucess in our endeavor.”
Ryasi: “It certainly tells us one thing.”

Raegar: “You… Ate those..?”
Ryasi: “Why not? Webs aren’t poisonous.”
Raegar: “No… But someone could poison the damn rabbits.”
Shae Vanderin: “Good point.”
Ryasi: “But that would require someone to have strangled them, then poisoned them.. then tied them to a tree with spider silk.”
Ryasi: “Which suggests a very ambitious person.. tame spiders.. or driders.”
Shae Vanderin: “Also a good point.”
Hoxton: “Horus would do no such thing! Besides, Raegar, you are of the Sunblood now – Horus smiles down on you!”
Raegar shudder.
Raegar: “Driders..”
Ilphvrae: “Drow…”
Raegar: “..Driders are not drow.”
Raegar: “Driders are an abomination.”
Ilphvrae: “No but they use to be and where there is one the other is not far behind.”
Ryasi: “Well, in any case, we know we’re not going to be the ones doing the surprising, here..”
Ilphvrae: “This makes a little more sense with the spiders now as well.”
Shae Vanderin: Inspect the trees as we walk looking for anything in the branches.
You continue on?
Raegar: yea
Mmmm…k.
Raegar, survival or wilderness lore or w/e they call it these days?
Campaign saved.
Raegar: Skill [Survival]
[1d20+4 = 14]
Behold, your mighty ranger.
Alex (Hoxton): Do we need the paladin to do it?
Raegar: told you..
Raegar: i have combat skills.
The paladin trips over a root, landing face down in the dirt before a hole!
Kiergath: you offered.
Hoxton: “Horus has shown me the way! The breakfast home is nigh!”
The hole in question is under a small ledge formed where one side of a hill has collapsed, save for what little is held aloft by tree roots.
It is actually quite large, more of a cave, heading sort’ve downward.
Hoxton: “Come, let us take the way of Horus and bring light to the darkness!”
Hoxton rights himself and tromps down into the cave.
Hoxton, the first thing you notice is its rather dark, in the dark.
Shae Vanderin: “Light?”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “No need..”
Raegar moves ahead.
Hoxton: “Horus-Re guides my feet, for he is my light! You feeble women should bring light for yourselves, as you have yet to embrace He who is pure and Good!”
Hoxton, Ryasi taps your warhammer and the head bursts into a soft glow.
Shae Vanderin: Head in once there is a lightsource.
Hoxton: “Do you not see?! Horus has blessed my hammer such that it emits his holy glow, to better dispense his will!”
Ilphvrae follow along staying to the shadows and darkness
Ryasi: “Quite.”
Raegar creeps down in front, followed by Hoxton.
Raegar, far from the nice, orderly tunnels of the burial mounds.. this is more of a hole in the ground, following root systems for support.
Much of it seems to have been scraped out, and fairly recently.
Spot checks, folks?
Raegar: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+8 = 9]
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+5 = 16]
Raegar: AND THE TREEEND CONTINUES
Raegar, you are only just aware this is a cave.
:P
Shae Vanderin: Course I cant see beyond the hammerlight.
Ilphvrae: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+9 = 29]
Indeed, but the hammerlight is sufficient.
Raegar: im just thankful i havent had to roll a damn swim check…
Raegar: id be dead..
Hoxton: Skill [Spot] [1d20+1 = 5]
Ilph, Shae, you both notice the walls and ceiling are covered by some sort of fine mesh.
You also notice that, unlike what you’d expect from such a tunnel, the floor is free of loose dirt.
Ilphvrae points this out to Raegar and the others
Shae Vanderin: Test the mesh, is it weblike?
Campaign saved.
Its certainly silk – very fine and very tightly woven.
It seems to be doing quite a bit to keep the tunnel tidy.
Shae Vanderin: Does it look valueable?
Um.. its a massive amount of high quality silk.
Shae Vanderin: Yes valueable.
Shae Vanderin: “We will want to collect this.”
Shae Vanderin: “Once we have discovered what is deeper inside.”
Ilphvrae: “Maybe after it is done holding up the tunnel roof…”
Shae Vanderin nods and looks ahead.
Raegar, you come to an intersection.
The left leads to a short tunnel, masked by a sheet of silk.
The right goes farther in and angles down.
Raegar: short tunnel
You have a sheet of silk, rectangular – quite well formed, 90 degree angles and everything, covering what appears to be an opening.
Not perfectly, of course, since the hall isn’t square.
It looks more like finished fabric than the work of a spider.
Raegar: move it aside using my spare sword.
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: We are single file here yes?
Aye
You move the curtain aside, and beyond you see a room.
Hanging from the ceiling are cocoons, all apparently either small animals or larger quadrupeds such as deer.
Raegar: “It caught a deer.. Grand.”
Shae Vanderin: “I wonder if the silk is flammable.”
Ryasi: “So it caught deer and a couple raccoons.. not seeing what the big deal is here?”

Raegar: “Its going to be big.”
Raegar: “Or smart.”
Raegar: “Or both.”
Shae Vanderin: “Well that implies its big enough to catch a human, or an elf.”
Ilphvrae: “Well I supose that will make it easier to hit…”
Raegar: “Right.”
Ryasi: “Are we sure it’ll need hit?”
Raegar: “No.. It did try to feed us rabbit.”
Ryasi: “They were good rabbits.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “And you still seem to be alive, so I guess they weren’t poisoned.”
Hoxton: “One day, you will all realize that Horus is providing for us all.”
Ilphvrae: “Depends on if it tries to eat me. If it does I expect all of you to hit it and hit it hard.”
Raegar: off down the other corridor
Off down the other corridor!
Shae Vanderin: “Should we wait while one of us who is quiet scouts ahead, not much good were gonna do if a fight breaks out due to the lack of room in here.”
Shae Vanderin: “Your call Raegar.”
Raegar is already down the corridor.
Shae Vanderin: follow then if everyone else did.
You have another opening to your right, and the corridor continues forward!
Ilphvrae continues along
Again, covered by a curtain.
Raegar: push it aside
Raegar: if anything says
Raegar: assssssssssssmooodeeeussss
Raegar: im outa there.
another room, this one full of rolled up silken sheets, like so many bolts of fabric.
Doug (Ilphvrae): haha :) I am with ya boss :)
Raegar: ‘I am utterly confused.“
”color:#540000;“>Raegar looks up.
”color:#000054;">Shae Vanderin: “What do you see?”
Its not really a large room, so there isn’t that much.
You see a ceiling!
Much like the rest.
Campaign saved.
Finally, it occurs to you that while you can see in the dark, for some reason you don’t need to here.
There appears to be light eminating from the middle of the floor.
Raegar: “Now thats just odd.”
Everyone else around the entrance can also see a strange pale violet glow emanating from the floor.
Shae Vanderin: What is the floor made of?
Hoxton: “Horus guides your path, Raegar. Know this.”
Shae Vanderin: Dirt or stone?
Tight packed dirt.
Shae Vanderin: “Are there any tracks besides our own in there or this tunnel?”
Raegar – you haven’t seen any.
Raegar: “Hmm..”
Raegar: “No tracks..”
Shae Vanderin: “Maybe whatever it is walks on the walls.”
Raegar: “I haven’t a clue whats going on.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Well, I’m done here.”
You proceed down the corridor?
Shae Vanderin: “Lets investigate those rolls of silk. Maybe theres a clue inside?”
Ah.
Raegar: “Frankly, I dont want to.”
Raegar: “What ever made these is inteligent.”
Raegar: “And I dont want it to think we are hostile or trying to rob it.”
Raegar: “This light is plainly magical.”
Shae Vanderin: “It is probably outside the cave hunting more animals.”
Raegar: “Or it could be watching us.”
Raegar: “None of us saw it last night.”
Shae Vanderin: “Lets keep moving then.”
Down the tunnel is another curtain!
This one is different.
Ilphvrae smiles and looks all around her and whispers “Hi were just here looking for a lost bunny, don’t mind us…”
It’s been dyed and decorated in red, black and purple – mostly geometric patterns.
Raegar: push it aside,
You do so, revealing a large chamber.
Its illuminated by more of that same pale, soft violent glow.
Raegar: “Hello?”
Campaign saved.
Sitting in the middle of the chamber is a small ring of stones, and a small stack of dead wood.
Nick (Shae Vanderin): morgan said ‘violent’ glow, you know we are in for it.
violet*
Kiergath: didn’t even notice
Raegar: I have to say, part of me expects a fight simply because ive never seen you put a friendly arachnid in a camp.
Two more rabbits lay next to the ring of stones, clearly dead.
Above you, webbing criss-crosses the room – and you see more side-tunnels above you, but none that could be reached without climbing.
Ilphvrae sighs “damn… there goes that excuse… we found the bunnies…”
Raegar: “So, which tunnel are we climbing up to6
”color:#000054;“>Shae Vanderin: Inspect the stones and dead wood and rabbits without touching them.
”color:#000054;“>The rabbits are fresh, and appear to have been strangled.
”color:#000054;“>judging from the silken thongs still around their necks.
”color:#000054;“>The stones appear to be enclosing a circle a few feed in diameter, and the wood has been stacked carefully next to it.
”color:#000054;“>feet*
”color:#000054;“>Shae Vanderin: What is the circle made of, is it traced with some kind of chalk or just more silk?
”color:#660066;“>Campaign saved.
”color:#000054;“>…its made up of rocks.
”color:#000054;“>Shae Vanderin: ok so its a ring of rocks got it.
”color:#000054;“>Shae Vanderin: like a campfire?
”color:#000054;“>It could be a firepit!
”color:#000054;">Shae Vanderin: with wood to burn next to it and rabbits to eat.
Ryasi: “If I were Hoxton, this would clearly be a divine invitation to do lunch.”
Shae Vanderin: “Eating the first rabbits didnt seem to cause us any harm. But this is so strange.”
Raegar: “…None of this makes any sense.”
Shae Vanderin: “I feel like I should light the wood in the firepit.”
Shae Vanderin: “Any objections?”
Raegar: “its odd.”
Raegar: “But im curious now.”
Shae Vanderin: Put the wood in the firepit and light it on fire with my flint.
You do so, and soon have a nice, merry blaze.
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: “Well, in my heart I had hoped something would happen, but hey at least we can test if the silk if flammable now.”
Ilphvrae sighs.. His couriousity is gonna get the cat killed…“
”color:#000054;“>Ilph, looking around the room, you notice some odd patterns on a rock nearby.
”color:#000054;“>Shae Vanderin: Toss a piece in.
”color:#000054;“>large one in the wall.
”color:#000054;“>Shae, where do you get the silk?
”color:#000054;“>Shae Vanderin: scrape some off of the wall, just a tiny bit.
”color:#540000;“>Ilphvrae go look at it
”color:#005500;“>Doug (Ilphvrae): See if I can make out what it is
”color:#000054;">Hoxton: “Look, I know you ladies want to feel pretty, but this is not the time to take samples for your tailor.”
Shae, it doesn’t burn, though it does shrivel rather quickly.
Shae Vanderin: “Hmm.”
Ilph – its writing. Very deliberate, very careful – like someone who isn’t used to doing it.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Can I read it?
You can identify the characters… and maybe one word in five.
And even the characters have changed somewhat.
Its clearly based on the Drow alphabet, though.
Doug (Ilphvrae): would decipher script help me get more from it?
Campaign saved.
Hmm… roll it.
Ilphvrae: Skill [Decipher Script]
[1d20+13 = 19]
Nick (Shae Vanderin): this is the first time ive ever seen that skill used.
Nodda.
Ilphvrae: What words am I getting?
But the little bit you are able to puzzle out seems to read like some sort of religious fable.
Int check?
Ilphvrae: Intelligence check
[1d20+7 = 27]
As you sit there staring at it, thinking about it.. you begin to think, “Maybe if this says..” “And that was…” “And if this actually means…” you start to recognize what may actually be one of the same religious parables you were raised on.
Doug (Ilphvrae): OK
Doug (Ilphvrae): Which one would that be?
Campaign saved.
It appears to be a passage related to a goddess – the description is vague and the name is one of the things you can’t pick out – it may be Bast? but it seems far too vindictive, too cruel. Its like someone took one of the passages you’re familiar with and re-wrote it for an audience with a very large chip on their shoulder.
But, again.. you can actually understand a total of one word in five.
Are y’all cooking the rabbits, or just warming by the fire?
Ilphvrae relates what she has picked out from the text. This seems to be from a religious parable she was taught as a younger child but it seems to be changed to be more viloent and maybe for a large group.
Shae Vanderin: Just warming.
Shae Vanderin: “What language was it in Ilph?”
Hoxton: “Heathen gods, as one would expect. This land needs a righteous conversion, and the sooner the better. We should destroy this text, to be safe.”
Ilphvrae Looks to Rya, “Do you remember that one about Bast?”
Ryasi looks at Ilph, then goes to the rock.
Ilphvrae: “A form of Drow, written by something that does not write offten or so it seems.”
Ryasi: “This writing looks like a child, or someone else just learning to write – or practicing it..”
Campaign saved.
Ilphvrae points out the words that she could make out to Rya
Ryasi: “I know this story – my mother told it often. I don’t know what you’re talking about with the changing, its how I learned it.”
Ilphvrae: “Which one is it then? Maybe it changed from when I heard it to when you were told it /whsiper this to her
”color:#000054;">GM: “One thing I would say.. is that whatever lives here is friendly – or at least, it will be if we don’t vandalize its home.”
Ryasi: “One thing I would say.. is that whatever lives here is friendly – or at least, it will be if we don’t vandalize its home.”
Raegar: “Hence my hesitation at looting the place.”
Shae Vanderin: “We dont know that for sure Ryasi, but it is a good sign.”
Raegar: “theres nothing else here.”
Ilphvrae: “Which was a good call on your part as per normal, and why I continue to follow you.” /em smiles at Raegar
Shae Vanderin: “Should we leave a note then and be on our way?”
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: “Maybe negotiate a trade for some of this fine silk.”
Raegar: “I have another idea.”
Raegar heads towards the exit.
GM: mmm…k.
mmm…k.
Shae Vanderin: Follow.
You leave the cave.
Doug (Ilphvrae): The floor dusty enough to scrawl a note?
heavens no.
Raegar: stop in front of the entrance
Raegar, you step out of the entrance.
And you see a human girl, perhaps fifteen or sixteen, sitting on a rock.
Raegar: “Hello.”
Her hair is long and a spectacular shade of dark red, and she’s smiling as she watches you all come back out of the cave.
“Hi there!”
Raegar: “Are you the one who’s been giving us the rabbits?”
“I like rabbits. I thought it would be nice to share. Do you like rabbits?”
Raegar: oh dear its juvenile…
“I didn’t mean to scare you. It was funny how you all jumped into trees or bushes, though.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Of course.”
Raegar: “We are used to things attacking us, not-.. well… Feeding us, I suppose.”
GM: “Oh. I suppose that could explain it. But do things usually attack you with rabbits?”
“Oh. I suppose that could explain it. But do things usually attack you with rabbits?”
“This must be a pretty strange place…”
(the rest of you are probably here too, by the way. You were pretty close behind Raegar.)
Shae Vanderin: “What is your name?”
Hoxton: “A bit young to be wandering out in these devilbegotten woods, isn’t she? Shae, Ilph, lets see a good demonstration of your motherly instincts with this child. Finally, something you’ll be good at.”
“Roselyn! I think mother had a sense of humor.”
Doug (Ilphvrae): Hox seems to have forgotten that Ilph is about her age or younger…
Shae Vanderin just looks at Hoxton and rolls her eyes.
Campaign saved.
Alex (Hoxton): Nah – you’re a girl. You’re supposed to have motherly instincts by default.
Raegar: “Did you make all that silk?”
Shae Vanderin: “Well, we plan on harvesting trees at the forest edge, is there anything we should be worried about like spiders or evil creatures?”
(to Raegar) “It gets pretty boring out here, Mister. But it seemed pretty nice, so I thought I’d maybe settle down.”
“Still, did you know there are dwarves out here? Dwarves! In the woods! Who ever heard of such a thing!”
Ilphvrae mumbles “Be a mother, how can I be a mother to someone my age. Not that I would know how to be a mother, mine died. I guess maybe where Hox comes from young girls are mothers maybe.” /em shakes her head
“Um… spiders? I don’t know about any spiderS” (She emphasises the plural) “but I know there’re evil things out here! Dwarves! In a forest!”
Shae Vanderin: “What are dwarves doing in the middle of the forest?”
Ilphvrae waves at Roselyn “Hi! I’m Ilphy! You have pretty hair!
”color:#000054;">"Um.. thanks!" She seems somewhat confused at that particular exchange.
Campaign saved.
“Iono, I just moved here. And I’m settling in, diggin’ out the old hole, and next thing I know? Dwaves!”
Dwarves*
Shae Vanderin: “Roselyn, to me you look human but no human girl of your age would live out here on your own and make silk by herself. But I hope that we can be friends. What would you be willing to trade for some of your silk?”
“They were maybe a day south of here yesterday? Dunno, probably not far now, they were moving pretty slow.”
Ilphvrae: “Thats a neat cave you have! Did you make it? I seen your parable, my sister use to tell me it when I was litle.”
GM:
[2d100 = 25]
Raegar, there’s the sound of something wet impacting the ground infront of you.
Following the sound of someone spitting.
Black liquid runs off a pile of leaves.
A gruff voice calls out from on the hill behind you, “You should listen t’ the girl; but nah too much, we ain’t that slow.”
Shae Vanderin: Spin around.
Campaign saved.
Hoxton: “Ah, at a guess, I would think I would crane my neck to hear the owner of that voice. Horus’ light be upon you, friend, though it take longer to get to you.”
Up on the hill is a dwarf, a beret perched rakishly on fiery red hair. He seems to be chewing thoughtfully on something, while resting a large, clumsy looking blunderbuss on one shoulder.
You hear rustling brush as several more step out from cover all around you.
Shae Vanderin: “Ah, more visitors.”
Raegar: “Who’re you?”
Ilphvrae sighs deeply at the sight of the guns and mumbles “someday I will have one”
The dwarves bear a motley collection of arms – primarily blunderbusses and short melee weapons. Armor seems mostly lacking, except for leather jerkins.
“Who’m I? Who’re you? We’re here hunting bandits, and you’re the first thing we’ve seen with few enough legs to fit the bill.”
Campaign saved.
Raegar: “Bandit?”
Hoxton: “Friend, a follower of Horus’ light could never be a bandit.”
Raegar: “I think not.”
Shae Vanderin: “Id rather die than resort to banditry.”
Raegar: “I’m the bloody owner of Ashby. I’m looking for a spot to plant a damn lumbermill.”
Hoxton: “My colleague here and I are both initiates of the sunblood, and these women here are our consorts.”
Shae Vanderin: “Cohorts… not consorts.”
The girl looks aghast at Hoxton, “Except for me. I just live here.”
Hoxton: “Fie on you, woman! A Cohort is a unit of soldiers, which I keep reminding you that you are not!”
One of the dwarves calls out, “They’re clearly cracked – can we kill ‘em and say they’re bandits?”
Dwarf: “Hush.”
Ilphvrae: “I am no ones consort…” /em greet the dwarf in dwarven “Hello master Dwarf, how fares thee and yer companions?”
Dwarf Officer looks somewhat taken aback at Ilph, before giving a grim, serious bow, “Good day to you! May the hair of your beard grow in long and thick, and ne’er submit to old age!”
The rest of the dwarves laugh.
Dwarf Officer: “Now, lumbermill you say.. and Ashby? Is there anywhere we can have that verified, sirrah?”
Campaign saved.
Ilphvrae chuckles along with the dwarves. In dwarven “May your mug be ever full and frothy and your foes fall before thee!”
Raegar: “Sure, Garmol.”
Dwarf Officer: “Fair enough, your name?”
Raegar: “Raegar, ask Governor Semara.”
Shae Vanderin mutters to herself, “Just dont tell em youre a merchant or a noble.”
Dwarf Officer: The dwarf nods, “Fair enough. You seem ill equipped for banditry, much less numerous enough. I’ve no reason to doubt.”
The dwarf nods, “Fair enough. You seem ill equipped for banditry, much less numerous enough. I’ve no reason to doubt.”
Raegar: “Say, I dont suppose you folk are looking for a place to settle down are you?”
Dwarf Officer: “What? Are you trying to get us to desert?”
Raegar: “No, no… I seem to have mistakenly thought there was only you lot.”
Raegar: “If you are part of an outfit, far be it of me to ask. My apologies.”
Dwarf Officer: “Nah, we just drew this particular grid. Apology accepted, just a misunderstanding.”
Ilphvrae looks at the Dwarf, I think he means like a place you can garrison and resupply when out on patrol. Maybe leave a few troops to help secure your encampment."
Dwarf Officer: “Oh. I didn’t think Ashby rated an actual garrison? I thought it was just a few families.”
Campaign saved.
Ilphvrae continues “The townsfolk can help you in exhange for the added protection of such stout men such as yer selves.
”color:#000054;">Ilphvrae: “It is growing rather quickly, and we hope it continues to do so.”
Ilphvrae: “I am sure that something could be worked out. We would hate for these new towns folk to be killed off while we were out looking for nasties to rid the world of.”
Raegar: “…Did you just invite a whole dwarven company to my town?”
Raegar: “I’m afraid my companion is mistaken, there’d be no way to lodge you through the winter. Not till the near year and the new plantings.”
Raegar: “We barely have enough to feed the town as it is.”
Ilphvrae: “Don’t you want the best for your town, Raegar?”
Ilphvrae: “Don’t you think that the added protection of a garrison would let them focus more on growing food?”
Raegar: “…No.”
Raegar: “I think there’d be fights over food.”
Raegar: “And I’d have to buy more.”
Campaign saved.
Ilphvrae: “Building houses, setting up shops for trade to buy more food. I have even sent off a letter to my father to try and garner trade to this area, and a garrison would help in that.”
Ilphvrae: “Thats the plight of a town owner I guess. You need to provide for your people. I am just trying to help.” shrugs
Raegar: “I appreciate the help.”
Raegar: “Now, what about your Roselyn.”
Raegar: “Your silks are spectacular.”
Raegar: “Would you consider trading with Ashby?”
Ilphvrae walks up to Raegar and whispers in his ear “with what? Your people have no food or money for trade. You have nothing to offer her in return.”
The girl looks at you somewhat confused for a moment, until she realizes you’re back to talking to her. “Oh! Um… I don’t know, maybe!”
Raegar: “What is it you would like supplied to you then?”
Campaign saved.
“Oh.. uh.. hmm… Idunno… maybe I could come take a look-see?”
Ilphvrae looks back to the dwarves. “Where are you lads from? My family has had a lot of succesful dealings with various dwarven familys over the years.”


Session 13
Session 15
Gaming Sessions

Session 14

To Seek the Stars Kiergath