Session 7

Once Nick joins us and Doug gets back I’ll pry start, donno when Alex will actually get in.
Doug (Ilphvrae): I am around
‘Nick’ connected
Doug (Ilphvrae): Well more oblong I guess… :P
Nick (Shae Vanderin): sup guys
…oh noes

Raegar: Ma’ah Salaamah Sidiq
hmm…. so…

Raegar: When last we met, our intrepid heros had just beat a balrog
GM: [1d20 = 20]
Raegar: everyone gets a million Ex-Pees
Raegar: yay!
Raegar: you there nick? =P
Nick (Shae Vanderin): yup
Nick (Shae Vanderin): hehe
Why Raegar, what is wrong with your hit points?

Raegar: …I gained a hit point I tink
Sigh… you’re not aware enough for the joke to work, fine.

In any case.

Doug (Ilphvrae): LOL
When last we met, our intrepid, god-fearing heroes were in the grove in the center of Rurik. The lumberjacks had been re-united with what remained of their fellow villagers.

The night had passed uneventfully.

Or eventfully if you so desire, keeping in mind that the only likely partners available are wolves and one grizzly bear.

But its not my place to judge, so, you know. Whatever. its cool.

You could pretend its a furbolg.

Cos, you know, that wouldn’t be as weird.. Or something..



Yeah, its still pretty weird.

Raegar: Morgan
Raegar: Concentrate
I am. Unfortunately.

Raegar: =P
HEROIC ADVENTURE SESSION SEVEN START

Guys? Guys? I’m done. You don’t have to worry anymore.

Shae Vanderin: “Aside from asking the druid if there is anything more we can do to assist Rurik, I think our work here is done.”
Raegar yawn
Raegar stretches and stands
Shae Vanderin: “Im also planning to ask any of the remaining villagers if instead of staying behind and rebuilding if any would care to join us as our first members of the company we intend to form.”
Raegar: “I Think you may be right.”
Hoxton: “Any that are smart and stout of heart will no doubt heed your words, for there is nothing left here save the blight of druidism and vile naked moon-lit dance orgies.”

Selene: “When we get to a real city, I’m buying a gag.”
Shae Vanderin smiles at Hoxton.
Ilphvrae: “Or some glue…”
Selene: “A few might, its impossible to say. But we still need a course of action from here.”
Raegar: “Well, a city doesn’t sound half bad to me.”
Ilphvrae: “Should we not report this? Maybe they willhire us to continue the investigation.”
Selene: “I would recommend against going north – those lands are patrolled and secure. Little work to be had.”
Raegar: “You heard Hiram, the idea of fixing the problem in Talas will be to burn this entire area to the ground.”
Hoxton: “But we purged the infestation!”
Raegar: “How do you figure?”
Hoxton: “The townsfolk who were taken over have been put to rest, their souls sent on to their final rewards!”
Selene: “He has a point… they wouldn’t be likely to burn the village over a few rogue skeletons.”
Shae Vanderin: “From my understanding the most jobs can be found to the south. I think we should start in that direction.”
Shae Vanderin: “And I suppose this is as good a time as any to address the remaining people.”
Shae Vanderin heads to the center of the grove and asks the people of Rurik to gather around.
You get a bit of a crowd. Crowd being relative, given the number of survivors.

Shae Vanderin: “People of Rurik. We believe the danger to the village and mill has been quelled and thus we are to be on our way. For those of you who may seek a new life in the career of adventure and profit we would have you along and join us. Our goals are simple, find work that needs to be done and make a living doing so. Right now we can offer you little more than food and a weapon but we intend to make a name for ourselves in this land. The offer is open to any who can prove able of the skills needed to survive. Our late priest Hiram spoke of us in his writings. We will see to it that we live up to his written words.”
Shae Vanderin holds up the parchment.
Leeeeets have a roll on that one.

Shae Vanderin: bluff or dip
Raegar: ..what parchment are you holding up?
→ Shae Vanderin: diplomacy…
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Diplomacy]
[1d20+14 = 18]
→ Shae Vanderin: bluff comes if anyone starts trying to question you on it.
Shae Vanderin: Just an ordinary parchment.
with writing on it…

Shae Vanderin: Correct.
Somebody calls out, "Hiram? We never had any problems like this until *his kind came here!"
*
There is grumbling in the affirmative from parts of the crowd.

Raegar steps forward…
‘Nick’ disconnected
Raegar: hell does that hand mean?
GM: STOP.
GM: we lost nick
GM: :)
Nick will brb… power issues.

Kiergath: Brb, afk.
‘Nick’ connected
Nick (Shae Vanderin): sorry, power went out for a few seconds
Doug (Ilphvrae): WB
Somebody calls out, "Hiram? We never had any problems like this until *his kind came here!"
*
There is grumbling in the affirmative from parts of the crowd.

Raegar then stepped forward.
Raegar: “Folks, you have a great choice ahead of you. Do you want to stay here, in the woods, where a rabid pack of new undead can show up at any moment? OR do you want to follow us, people who kill roaving packs of the undead and shoot demons in the eye.”
Raegar: “And Frankly, thats just ONE adventure we’ve had. We offer, food spoil and beer. The woods offer death toil and misery. Make you choice.”
One of the millers shrugs his mighty shoulders, “Hiram wasn’t all bad – he helped us out at the mill whenever we asked. And he’s the one who got these folks to come and stick out their necks for us. Without them – without Hiram – we’d all be dead out at the mill.”

Shae Vanderin: “It is true that Hiram was an outsider here. His ways were no doubt foreign to yours but I am a good judge of character and I saw that he was a man of honor.”
Shae Vanderin: “We will stay here a few hours longer, likely to organize our belongings and prepare for travel. If any of you wish to travel with us then come speak and we will consider it.”
Can I get diplomacy checks for Shae *and Raegar?
*
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Diplomacy]
[1d20+14 = 24]
Raegar: Skill [Diplomacy]
[1d20+3 = 19]
Raegar: Is good roll
You’re not sure of what they’re necessarily deciding, but you’ve left them in a bit of an uproar.

Heated arguments and a number of lower-key discussions break out after you finish speechifying.

Shae Vanderin whispers to Raegar, “Looks like we stirred them up, lets let them decide.”
Hoxton: “I will wait for you at the temple – it would be wrong to leave it in such disarray.”
Shae Vanderin nods to Hoxton.
Hoxton wanders off.
Shae Vanderin: Set about gathering our gear, restocking on supplies, and planning our journey Southward.
There were plenty of stores in the temple for you to make the journey south.

Raegar: what is there in the stores?
Water and preserved food – it looks like Hiram was stocking up incase of a bad winter or the like.

Shae Vanderin: Approach Larariel
Lasariel looks up at your approach, “Yes?”

Shae Vanderin: “Will you be joining us or staying here in Rurik? Though this life may not suit you we can at the very least escort you to one of the southern townships.”
She ponders for a moment, “I really don’t know anyone here except Hoxton and.. and Hiram.. and I’m really not sure I want to be here a few days or weeks from now when they start thinking about events leading up to this..”

Shae Vanderin: “Come with us then. You can tell us your tale in full along the way.”
Lasariel looks somewhat surprised, but shrugs, “Yes, I could.”

Shae Vanderin: “Tell me, do you have any skills in adventuring or are your talents more domestic in nature?”
Lasariel: “I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself, thank you – and I certainly need not stoop to the level of a common servant to make myself useful.”

Lasariel: “So if you’re looking for a maid, I suggest you speak to one of the local… rabble.”

She looks *much less than pleased at the domestic comment.
*
Shae Vanderin sighs, “You misunderstood me. Now I know you can take care of yourself that is all I wanted to know.”
Shae Vanderin wanders back to her preparations for departure.
You resume your preparations.

How long do you wait?

And does anyone but Shae have anything to be done here?

Shae Vanderin: What time of day is it morning right?
Yes.

Shae Vanderin: We will depart at midday after a meal.
Shae Vanderin: To give time for any who may want to join us to approach.
Not long before you get ready to leave, a small clump of lumber-men approach.

Four of them.

Shae Vanderin: Look them over, do they seem healthy?
Their leader appears to be the impromptu spokesman from the march back to town.

These four.. one’s still wounded, but they’re all in good shape.

Shae Vanderin: Get their names. If you dont have them yet no worries.
I’m afraid I don’t, no.

Shae Vanderin: “Welcome to the group. We will explain how things work on the journey. For now gather what belongings you have and say your farewells to Rurik, it may be a long time before we return here.”
They have no farewells to say.

Shae Vanderin: Off we go unless anyone else has anything.
Ilphvrae: “Lets go”
‘Alex’ connected
Raegar: Hi Alex!
Alex (Hoxton): WHERE BE THE WIMMIN!
Hoxton: Hello!
Alex (Hoxton): Hoxton prime is here.
Hoxton, you are currently in the temple trying to straighten it up before the party departs.

Nick (Shae Vanderin): Alex welcome!
Hoxton: Straighten straighten.
Shae Vanderin: We obvously head to the temple to pick up Hoxton before heading out of the village.
You head to the temple with your four new friends; while there you pick up Selene and Raegar outside the steps.

Shae Vanderin: “If everyone is ready, let us depart while the sun is high.”
Raegar: “What have you all been up to?”
Sitting on the steps is a small pile of weapons that Selene appears to be picking through.

Selene: “Most of what the townsfolk were using was junk, there’s a little of use, though.”
Six daggers, two shortswords, a longsword, one more crossbow.

And one light shield.

Shae Vanderin: “These four men will be joining us as the first members of our company. Is there anything left over of use to them?”
Doug (Ilphvrae): That long sword in addition to the one I took?
This is completely unrelated to anything you have already in your posession.

Doug (Ilphvrae): OK
Man #3 will take the crossbow if nobody in the group wants it.

Shae Vanderin: Good idea.
Shae Vanderin: The rest we can put into the group fund with the other weapons we found.
Hoxton is also collected at the temple. It is as straightened as it will get.

Shae Vanderin: Longsword and 7 daggers then.
I think Alex crashed.. yes he did.

Everyone here?

Raegar: ye
Raegar: “Off we go.”
The party is gathered. Joining them are Selene and Lasariel, and four brave and noble lumbermen.

Barring any further activity, you set off down the south road.

It is a five day journey to the city of Garmol.

Shae Vanderin: Standard march – 2 wide
Shae Vanderin: Shae and Hoxton in front. Lumberjacks in middle.
Selene flaunts your attempt at discipline and regularly darts in and out of the brush.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Woo! Marching!
Raegar: ..same
Doug (Ilphvrae): ;)
She occasionally stops to drag Raegar along and show him something or other amongst the weeds.

Shae Vanderin: Already figured the rogue/ranger factor.
Ilphvrae gets bored after about half a day and joins the darting in and out of the trees
Shae Vanderin murmurs about herding cats.
By the end of the first day, you have largely left the thick forest behind.

The terrain has turned to plains and gently rolling hills; tree cover is sparse.

Half-way through the day, Raegar puts an arrow through Bambi and you all eat well the first evening.

Raegar: boom
Raegar: headshot
The first day’s march, though, is uneventful.

Raegar: “Looks like meats back on the menu.”
Shae Vanderin: “Once we arrive in Garmol, we will see to selling excess supply and taking stock of our resources. Then hopefully something will come up job wise.”
Raegar: “Well, you know what they say, no rest for the wicked.”
Shae Vanderin whittles a tree branch.
Night falls; are we setting watches?

Hoxton: HORUS WATCHES OVER US ALL.
So no.

Raegar: LOL
Shae Vanderin: 2 man watches.
Shae Vanderin: 4 shifts
Doug (Ilphvrae): yeah, what nick said
Shae Vanderin: no 2 lumberjacks on duty at the same time.
Shae Vanderin: same with Las.
Lets do it this way.

Raegar: “Ill take the deepest part of the night.”
WHO’S ON FIRST?

Shae Vanderin: Raegar and Lumberjack 1
Shae Vanderin: then Shae and Lumberjack 2
Shae Vanderin: then Hoxton and Lumberjack 3
Shae Vanderin: then Ilph and lumberjack 4
Raegar: tell me, nick, are you ordering us to do this? Im just curious.
Shae Vanderin: No just suggesting.
Shae Vanderin: If you want the deeper part of the night np.
Shae Vanderin: swtich with Ilph.
Selene suggests that Hoxton would be best at fourth watch, when the sun is starting to come up..

Raegar: or first
Raegar: He can switch with me
Shae would be best at whichever of the two Hoxton isn’t..

Raegar: “I’m simply suggesting I get the deep night because.. well.. Elven eyes.”
Shae Vanderin: so then it will be Hoxton, Shae, Raegar, and Ilph
Shae Vanderin: make sense?
Ilphvrae: “Sure”
Raegar nods.
Shae Vanderin: I think thats our watch order.
‘Alex’ disconnected
‘Alex’ connected
Raegar: “Shae, might I see that scroll you brandished in town?”
Oh..kay…

Raegar: “Reading material.
”color:#000054;“>Raegar: alex dropped
”color:#000054;“>Raegar: againe
”color:#005500;“>Alex (Hoxton): back
”color:#000054;“>Raegar: AND hes back
”color:#540000;“>Shae Vanderin hands Raegar the scroll.
”color:#540000;“>Raegar nods
”color:#000054;">Raegar: “Thank you.”
Raegar: NIGHT FALLS
Raegar: CRASH
Raegar: Sorry, tradition.
Night falls.

First watch finds Hoxton and a lone lumberjack on watch.

Second watch finds Shae and mercenary two..

Third watch finds Raegar and Merc #3…

Fourth.. watch…

Raegar: “You can go back to sleep.”
Ilph. Spot check and listen check.

Ilphvrae: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+8 = 20]
Ilphvrae: Skill [Listen]
[1d20+8 = 11]
Ilph.

Something is creeping around not far out of the circle of your firelight.

Doug (Ilphvrae): Two legs or four or more?
Raegar: 6, mutant troll
Doug (Ilphvrae): If it is even a normal troll yer all fucked cause I am outa here :P
Nick (Shae Vanderin): afk sec
Ilphvrae sliently moves and walks up Selene then the Elf, then Shae and Hox
Raegar: “Problem?”
Ilphvrae: “Boogey men. I am seeing movement just outside the firelight.”
Raegar: can i see anything?
Sorry, but no, you can’t really tell.

Raegar, roll spot

Ilphvrae: “Whatever it is, is moving silent.”
Raegar: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+7 = 9]
Listen?

Raegar: Skill [Listen] [1d20+3 = 4]
Shae, you too since you were woken up

Raegar: im still asleep
And Hoxton now that he’s here.

Shae Vanderin: Skill [Listen] [1d20+1 = 2]
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Spot] [1d20+5 = 10]
Hoxton: Skill [Spot] [1d20+1 = 4]
Hoxton: Skill [Spot] [1d20+1 = 12]
Hoxton: Skill [Listen] [1d20+1 = 20]
Selene: “I see it, but I don’t know what I’m seeing. Its pretty well hidden.”

Hoxton, you don’t know what the hell they’re talking about – its not quiet, its just hiding well. You can hear it stomping around.

Doug (Ilphvrae): LOL :)
Shae Vanderin: “Weapons out.”
Shae Vanderin: Draw my sword.
Hoxton: Enough that I can pinpoint an approximate location?
You bet.
Raegar: Boooow
Raegar: timeh
Hoxton: “May the lights of Horus ILLUMINATE YOU, BEAST!”
Shae Vanderin shouts in the direction of it, “Who goes there! Show yourself.”
….Hoxton, can I get a religion check with the usual penalties?

Hoxton leaps up, grabbing a log from the fire and hurling it in the direction of the sound.
Hoxton: Skill [Knowledge (Religion)]
[1d20+1 = 5]
Can I get an attack roll to go with it?

Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+4 = 15]
Hoxton takes one point of damage from the burning brand.

And the spinning burning branch hurtles into the night, bouncing off something in the darkness

Something yelps and runs off. You hear a yelled, “You’ll be sorry for that!” in common.

Raegar: oooh its tracking time
Shae Vanderin: Did the voice sound human?
…It sounded like common.

‘Alex’ disconnected
Do gnomes sound different from humans?

Do elves? Dwarves?

SPECIESIST

Raegar: TRACK!
‘Alex’ connected
GM: brbsec
Shae Vanderin: OK but no accent like a werewolf was speaking or something.
Hoxton: “There are no regrets for the beloved of Horus, only salvation and smiting!”
Shae Vanderin: “Its too dark still but daybreak should be comming soon. Lets pack up and get an early start, we can stop a bit early later when we camp.”
Raegar runs off after the voice
Raegar runs off.

Shae Vanderin: “I dont know what that was that was watching us. Lets move out before it comes back.”
Shae Vanderin: Start getting prepared to leave, starting with my armor.
Raegar: Skill [Survival] [1d20+4 = 20]
YOu start packing, post haste.

Hoxton never unpacked in the first place.
Ilphvrae puts out the fire
Raegar: [1d20 = 14]
Shae Vanderin: “Im sure Raegar had a good reason for running off into the dark alone against an unknown enemy.”
Hoxton: “He was posessed by the spirit of Horus’ fury – that I could have joined him is my only regret.”
Folks, listen checks!

Not Raegar

Ilphvrae: Skill [Listen] [1d20+8 = 23]
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Listen] [1d20+1 = 12]
Even Shae hears the sound of a scream in the early dawn light.

Hoxton: Skill [Listen] [1d20+1 = 7]
Hoxton’s ears are ringing with religious fervor.

He hears nothing.

Ilph, you’re reasonably sure it was from thattaway. <points>

Shae Vanderin: What kind of scream? Like fear? pain? did it sound like Raegar’s voice?
Pain.

No, definitely not.

Raegar usually grunts, not screams, even when there’s a sword buried in his tender bits.

Raegar: or claws!
He did scream once. But you would too, if a mule had just decided to re-arrange your junk. But we don’t talk about that.

Shae Vanderin: “Hold here a bit longer. Lets wait for Raegar to return.”
Before much longer, Raegar returns.

Ilphvrae: “Maybe he slipped and fell on a log… I see one boy in town slip and land straddling the wall.. he screamed like that for a second. then he just rolled around on the grond and wimpered a bit, like a kicked dog.”
Selene trails in after him – they’re dragging the corpse of a human boy.

Probably in his late teens or early twenties, clothes cobbled together and ratty.

Shae Vanderin raises an eyebrow, “You found our friend?”
There’s a hole in his neck where someone ripped a barbed arrow out.

Shae Vanderin: Thouroghly dead?
Shae Vanderin: or still bleeding out?
Incredibly.

Shae Vanderin: Pinin’?
Raegar: dead or bleeding out?
If the hit didn’t take him out, it looks like Selene wasn’t particularly gentle ripping the arrow out.

He is most assuredly deceased.

He would not “voom” if you put four thousand volts through him.

Shae Vanderin: “Did you search him? Any weapons on him?”
Selene: “Dagger and a club, thats about it.”

Selene: “He was getting ready to jump Raegar when I shot him.”

Ilphvrae: “Poor excuse for a brigand”
Shae Vanderin: “Bandits then, already and only a days travel south.”
Doug (Ilphvrae): Poor excuse for a bignad too :P
Raegar: “And now hes dead.”
Roger the Miller frowns, “Only one doesn’t make much sense, eh guv? He was awful cocky when he ran off.”

Raegar: Hide the body
Shae Vanderin: “Not a good sign to be sure. Where there is one there are others. We should dispose of the body so it isnt found easily.”
Raegar: “On it!”
Shae Vanderin: “We will move out when you return. Let’s keep our eyes sharp this day and not go wandering off. Bandits are known to set snares.”
Raegar, you hide the body.

Camp is bundled up.

The sun is high in the sky.

Ilph and Hoxton, standing about stoically on watch, blanch – one with fear, one with unabashed joy – at the sight of a group of people approaching.

Ilphvrae: “We has company”
Alex (Hoxton): Which is which?
You! YOU are joyful!

Doug (Ilphvrae): Here let me help, you
Shae Vanderin: How many?
Raegar jumps off the road and disapears.
Alex (Hoxton): Do I recognize them? Or..?
Doug (Ilphvrae): You now have two shadows :P
Yes! They are brigands! BRIGANDS in need of Horus’s LOVING SMITING.

You are overjoyed!

Alex (Hoxton): …YES!
Hoxton: JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
Selene and Raegar both disappear into the bushes.

Hoxton: “To the bushes, women. Keep out of sight and let we men discuss the state of this good nation with our fellow travellers.”
Doug (Ilphvrae): Can you hide in someones shadow?
no. Not even Hoxton’s.

Unless you’re a gnome, then I’d allow it.

Alex (Hoxton): And Hoxton is big.
Doug (Ilphvrae): sighs
Ilphvrae moves to the nearest shadows
Shae Vanderin: So, how many, and are they carrying weapons, and are any of them ranged weapons?
Sorry, getting bombarded here.

You count about a dozen men coming down the road.

Weapons and some limited armor is in evidence.

Hoxton moves forward to the center of the road, letting the head of his mace slam into the dust as he adjusts the fit of his gloves before waving to the men approaching.
Alex (Hoxton): Any women ahead?
Nay.

Hoxton: “Ho, fellow travellers! I see you walk with the blessing of Horus’ light upon you! Have you travelled far? And where might you be headed?”
Shae Vanderin: Stand near Hoxton.
They stop, looking at you with befuddlement.

“Ah, righ’, righ’, Horus’s light be upon you too, guv’nah. Not many travellers out and about now, though, see, just us blessed followers of Horoscopes, see.”

Nick (Shae Vanderin): lol
Hoxton: “Come, then, and we shall share in his blessing and then I will see you on your way!”
Hoxton beckons the group come closer, unbuckling a little hymn book from his armor.
“Now, now, see, yer honors, there’s the problem. What with the lack of travel, see, the roads h’ain’t safe anymores. It keeps thems of us what like to keep people such as yer hon’rable selves safe overworked, so’s if you’s could, say, make a donation in the name of Holy Hoboken, that’d be great.”

and yes, he’s confused enough that none of those are typos.

Shae Vanderin: “We mean to pass gentlemen, there is nothing we have here for you. This paladin of Horus is but one of our members trained in battle. So I suggest you now part and allow us to pass that we all may live to see tomorrow.”
Hoxton: “Now, Woman, is that a way to treat Horus’ children? Come, let us share a hymn and part ways.”
Hoxton flips open his book and sets twelve gold pieces around in a circle on the pages.
Shae Vanderin: Drawing my sword, if that invokes initiative let me know.
Another one of them pipes up, “Can you eat a hymn?” “I wonders if you can sell it.”

“Oh, just knock it off and croak the stupid sods!”

Initiative rolls.

Shae Vanderin: Initiative
[1d20+5 = 22]
Raegar: Strength check
[1d20+3 = 21]
Hoxton: Initiative [1d20 = 9]
Lets see..

Nick (Shae Vanderin): + 4 to hoxtons roll and Raegar just rolled str
Alex (Hoxton): wait, why + to mine?
Ilphvrae: Initiative [1d20+9 = 18]
Shae Vanderin: Spell [Minor Aura – Motivate Dexterity] – > + 4 on initiative and Dex based skill checks
Alex (Hoxton): neat.
Raegar

ROUND ONE, HEROIC COMBAT START

Raegar: do i seem to have been spotted?
neg.

Raegar: Can I withold action to later in the round?
Raegar: can you do that?
Eyup.

Hoxton: [1d10 = 2]
Hoxton: That’s pitiful.
Raegar: im waiting
Raegar: wait
Raegar: before i finalize that
Raegar: will it affect my standing NEXT round?
Yes.

Raegar: mm
Raegar: stil, waiting
Doug (Ilphvrae): You may not be standing next round, you could be laying face down… :P
Shae Vanderin

Shae – 12 bandits on the road.

Shae Vanderin: distance to them?
Uh, probably 10-15 feet to the closest.

Shae Vanderin: Going to move to Hoxtons side to protect each others flank.
Shae Vanderin: And attack as one approaches, full defense.
Mmm..k.

Shae Vanderin: Also will
Shae Vanderin shouts to the mill workers, “Defend each other and rout these curs!”
Selene shoots, hitting one of the bandits in the rear of their column.

Ilphvrae

Doug (Ilphvrae): How many have ranged weapons
Good question – you can count two of them with projectiles.

Ilphvrae aims for the nearest one with a ranged weapon and lets fly an arrow
Ilphvrae: Composite Shortbow (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 28]
Damage.

Ilphvrae: [2d6+2 = 7]
<span style=“color:#000054;”>A hit, not a kill.


The Bandits.

Shae Vanderin: we all have DR 1/- if it helps
→ Shae Vanderin: ah, right, thanks, forgot about that one
Shae and Hoxton, you will each have two on you.

Hoxton, the bandit leader with whom you were so helpfully parlaying, smites you with a longsword.

Four of the others start running at the millers.

Ilph, two arrows whistle past your head!

Two of the chargers are cut down by crossbow fire from the lumberjacks.

Hoxton

Hoxton, you have two on you.

Doug (Ilphvrae): Hox, hox, hox, HOXTON!
Campaign saved.
Shae Vanderin: what is Las doing?
→ Shae Vanderin: Being behind you, mostly.
→ Shae Vanderin: That said, unknown, she’s end of round.
Hoxton glares coolly at the bandit leader before spitting on his hands and wrapping his might around his mace. “Horus-Re does not suffer fools that take advantage of the Pious!” He hefts with all of his strength and swings the mace in a massive uppercut.
Hoxton: Max power attack.
Hoxton: – 2
Yar?

Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 8]
Hoxton: That’s a shame
Nick (Shae Vanderin): just missed that 17
On the bright side, there are no rules in place saying your mace might have slipped out of your grip and gone flying.
Hoxton: …my book and gold pieces probably got in the way, so those should be dropped.
Raegar

ROUND TWO

Raegar: called shot on one of the archers
Raegar: throat shot
Raegar: Ranged attack [1d20+7 = 27]
Raegar: Ranged attack [CRITICAL THREAT]
Raegar: Ranged attack [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 13]
Raegar: oh hes so dead
Raegar: the hell just happened whyd it reroll?
Because crits aren’t automatic in 3.0 / 3.5

Alex (Hoxton): Crit confirm.
a 20 is an automatic hit, but its only a crit if you confirm it by hitting a second time.

Raegar: ah
In this case, you didn’t get the crit, but you still killed him.

Raegar: yay
You can’t roll low enough not to :P

Shae Vanderin

Two in melee with you.

Shae Vanderin: Any difference between the 2 that ar fighting me weapon wise?
Club, Shortsword.

Shae Vanderin: Diagonal slash the one with the shortsword. Defensive strike.
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) + 4 [1d20 = 6]
righto

Selene drops the second archer.

Ilphvrae

Doug (Ilphvrae): both archers are down?
Ilph, there are two on Shae, two on Hox, and two charging the millers.

Ilphvrae takes aim and lets fly an arrow at one of the bastards charging the mill folk
Ilphvrae: Composite Shortbow (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 15]
yar. damage

Ilphvrae: [2d6+2 = 8]
One drops.

Bandits!

really?

Hoxton! Both bandits strike you!

You take a whopping three points of damage from two hits!

Shae, you are missed.

Nick (Shae Vanderin): yay DR aura
A miller is missed.

Did that look scarier on your end than it did on mine? I hope it did.

Nick (Shae Vanderin): a lil
A wave of arrows sails in from off the side of the road.

Doug (Ilphvrae): AAHHAAAH! OMG NOOO! AARRRGGGHH! THE PAIN, THE PAIN! NOOO!
Raegar: oh the humanity? =P
Unfortunately, they are bad shots. Three millers are hit.

Hoxton

Two of the millers kill the last charger, and the other two return fire off the road.

Hoxton, you still have two on you.

Hoxton glowers at the bandit leader, eyes setting on the gold coins arrayed in a circle around them. He lets a slow smile play across his face before slowly arcing his mace around the circle, preparing to bring it crashing down on the leader’s head. “As the circle of the day comes to an end, so does Horus will your life to snuff out!”
Hoxton: PA – 2!
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 12]
Alex (Hoxton): I hate life.
It pains me to say it, but you actually hit.

Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Damage) [1d12+4 = 11]
Alex (Hoxton): + 4
Hoxton pounds the bandit into the dirt!

CLEAVE, YOUNG PALADIN

Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 25]
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [CONFIRM] [1d20+5 = 11]
no crit.

Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Damage) [1d12+4 = 12]
Hoxton: “HORUS SMITES THOSE WHO FAIL TO CLEAVE TO HIS TEACHINGS!”
Somehow, Hoxton pounds two bandits into the dirt.

Raegar: cleaving with a hammer is awesome =P
Alex (Hoxton): Yes it is.
Alex (Hoxton): Hoxton is like Babe Ruth.
Raegar

Raegar: what is srtill up?
Raegar! There are two bandits on Shae, and you see that several more have stood up from where they were hidden on the other side of the road.

Raegar: shoot one of the shooters
Raegar: Called shot
Raegar: Neeeck
Raegar: Ranged attack [1d20+7 = 11]
Raegar: aaaand miss
Raegar: =P
ROUND THREE

Shae Vanderin

Shae Vanderin dodges the two bandits’ attacks then retaliates with a sweeping slash at to the knees of one of the assailants.
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) + 4 [1d20 = 18]
Yarr

Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Damage) [2d6+3 = 10]
Shae cuts her foe down at the knees!

Shae, your second opponent pitches forward with an arrow sticking from its ear.

Ilphvrae

Doug (Ilphvrae): So more stood up that have ranged weapons?
Yes indeedy

Three are shooting, four more are charging.

Ilphvrae fires yon arrow to perferate said bandit
Ilphvrae: Composite Shortbow (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 13]
Sorry no.

The Bandits

Three arrows fly harmlessly past Hoxton and Shae

Hoxton is charged and struck

And two millers are missed.

The Millers!

Hoxton

It seems Hoxton is AFK and left me his action via Steam.

Ahem.

Raegar: lemem guess
Raegar: he hits things with hammers?
Raegar: =P
Hoxton: "YARRR! <froth> <snarl> “HORUS” “blah blah blah” <thump>"

Hoxton:
[1d20 = 14]
Hoxton: [1d12+4 = 9]
Hoxton: “<blah> CLEAVE <blah> HORUS! YARRRRRRRR!”

Hoxton:
[1d20 = 5]
Hoxton: “Drat and damn, I have missed.”

Two glowing magicky darts hurtle out of the bush Lasariel is hiding in.

Raegar

Raegar: shoot one of the archers
Raegar: Ranged attack
[1d20+7 = 26]
Wounded or intact?

Raegar: wounded
The archer collapses with a suitable death gurgle.

Raegar: Longbow (Damage) [1d8+3 = 9]
ROUND FOUR

Shae Vanderin

Shae Vanderin: Charge the one Hoxton missed.
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) + 4 [1d20+6 = 10]
Hoxton has it flanked and you hit.

Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Damage) + 3 [2d6+5 = 12]
Nick (Shae Vanderin): charge is + 2 damage yes?
iirc

The bandit collapses with a pained screech.

Selene finishes one the millers wounded.

Ilphvrae

Ilphvrae lets fire at another archer
Ilphvrae: Composite Shortbow (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 27]
yarr

Ilphvrae: [2d6+2 = 9]
The four millers beat the last bandit into a bloody pulp.

The battle over, you are left only with the silence of the dead.

Raegar: let the looting begin
Hoxton: “Woman, if you had let me talk to them, this senseless murder would not have taken place.”
Shae Vanderin: “Sound out if you are wounded or are with a fallen comrade! Make sure all are accounted for. Do not lower your guard.”
Shae Vanderin turns to stare at Hoxton, clearly dumbfounded.
Selene joins Raegar in stripping the bodies, tossing everything in a heap on the road.

Hoxton: “Clearly you are having trouble understanding, but the men and I were to reach an accord that would have resulted in less bloodshed, and less pain.”
There are three wounded lumberjacks.

Raegar: “Well…”
Raegar tears out his arrow from a brigands throat.
Hoxton gestures to the numerous wounds he has suffered before kneeling to pray, casting his hands to the sky before setting them on his chest.
Raegar: “to be fair, they didnt suffer much.”
Ilphvrae keeps guard
Hoxton: “Suffering, no – they suffered out of Horus’ light, but it was still needless.”
Raegar: “Such an optimist.”
Raegar: “I wish I had such a sunny disposition.”
Raegar tosses some coins onto a pile on the road.
Raegar and Selene finish collecting the spoils.

Raegar: [1d20 = 6]
Raegar: oups
You have the following:

Weapons: 10 shortbows, 13 daggers, 3 longswords, 5 shortswords, 5 clubs, 7 shortspears

Armor: 2 light shields, 3 leather armor

23 gold, 47 silver, 172 copper

Nick (Shae Vanderin): brb
Raegar divides the coins into neat little piles.
Raegar: theres 10 of us
Raegar: so..
Raegar: 2g 4s 17c each
Raegar: leaving 3 gold, 7s 2c for the company i guess?
Shae Vanderin: yeah but
Shae Vanderin: our friends are not getting a full share
Hoxton: Why not?
Raegar: then you should make that point in character
Hoxton: They risked their lives as much as we did?
Shae Vanderin: Because they are hired.
Raegar: we paid them?
GM: I remember no negotiation.
GM: Nor exchanging of coin.
Shae Vanderin: right we said we would discuss it on the way.
Hoxton: Now seems as good a time as any
Shae Vanderin: “It is a good time now to discuss the division of spoils.
”color:#000054;">Shae Vanderin: “

”color:#000054;">Shae Vanderin: “I know that in our previous agreement we all had an equal share with one additional share going towards the company.

”color:#000054;">Shae Vanderin: “

”color:#000054;">Shae Vanderin: “However now that we have additional members I feel it needs to be revised.”

Selene sits off to the side, listening, and slowly working an arrow out of one of the dead.
Shae Vanderin: “I propose that new members of the company are entitled to the following:”
Shae Vanderin: “80% of the rewards/spoils for any mission they complete on their own given that the company found them the job. One quarter of a share plus a standard wage for any job done while working with members of the core group, aka us.”
Raegar: “That sounds like a horrible idea.”
Raegar: “There are 10 of us, we are hardly a company yet.”
Raegar: “This is a paltry amount of coin.”
Hoxton: “Listen, girl. All are equal in the eyes of Horus, except for the nonbelievers. Either these men, whom risked their lives alongside ours recieve equal wage, or consider my pay equal to theirs. Let it be known that my pay shall be given in large part to the temples of Horus.”
Raegar: “I propose we each get an equal part with what cannot be divided be handed over back to the company for the good of all.
”color:#000054;">Raegar: “…Further..”

Raegar: “I move that you, Shae, make horrible decisions when gold is concerned. If it wasnt for Hoxton and I, Hiram would have chased you out of town.”
Raegar: “You would not be the hero of the town.”
Hoxton: “Exactly! Leave the managing of the money to the men. It’s clearly beyond you.”
Raegar: “Your ideas are right, but im starting to have doubts about your execution.”
Selene lets out a very quiet groan, but keeps trying to wiggle an arrowhead out of a bandit’s ear canal.
Shae Vanderin: “Im not quite sure what I did that warranted this attack upon me Raegar. I was only looking out for our best interests and not trying to sell us short by negotiating a higher pay rate with Hiram.”
Raegar: “You mistake me, this is NOT an attack.”
Raegar: “I have every intention of seeing us and you succeed in your endeavour.”
Shae Vanderin: “If we do not have a system that we follow for purposes of loot division that works, then the company will not grow. What is your suggestion for it?”
I hate to interrupt this lover’s spat, but you all get 600 XP.

Raegar: “I believe we shouldn’t concenr ourselves with this yet.”
Raegar: yay Ex-pee
Shae Vanderin thinks for a moment.
Raegar: “We haven’t exactly fallen into a kings ransom here.”
Raegar: “Get a little more men, draw up a charter.”
Raegar: “Then the pay shall be fair.”
Raegar: “Till then, let each man keep what he finds is what I suggest.”
Shae Vanderin: “It is true we still yet need a charter and the like. Very well, we will divide everything equally until such time when we will revisit the subject.”
Raegar: “So, I have your agreement? Equal shares for all?”
Hoxton: “You have my agreement, Raegar. Finally, some sense.”
Raegar: “The company should do find if we sell all these extra arms anyways.”
Raegar: fine*
Raegar: “Well, line up and take your share.”
Shae Vanderin turns to Hoxton, “Also Hoxton, I have tolerated your downtoned speaking up to this point. You have proven yourself a mighty warrior and your faith obviously gains you strength. But those bandits we fought were NOT going to negotiate with you despite what you think. I would advise you to trust your group mates in their areas of expertise.”
Shae Vanderin takes her share then moves back into formation, “Fall in when you are ready.”
Raegar: “Well, lets move on eh?
”color:#005500;“>Nick (Shae Vanderin): what was the equal share?

”color:#000054;“>Raegar: ack

”color:#000054;“>Raegar: uhh

”color:#000054;“>Raegar: 2g, 4s, 17c

”color:#005500;“>Nick (Shae Vanderin): plus weapons?

”color:#000054;“>Raegar: 3g, 7s and 2c left as undividable

”color:#000054;“>Raegar: i didnt note weapons

”color:#000054;">Raegar: there were a lot though

I still have the list o’ weapons.

Hoxton looks at Shae. “Lass, they were talking just fine until you started waving your man jealousy about.” Hoxton heads off down the road a good ways, staying out ahead of the column.
List of weapons / armor sent on Steam, Nick

Nick (Shae Vanderin): got it.
Selene lets out a sound half-way between a growl and a scream of frustration before cracking open the bandit’s skull and yanking the arrow out.
Selene: “It went IN to the hole just fine, why won’t it come OUT.”

Selene kicks the corpse before rejoining the column.
The column is formed.

Ilphvrae taker her arrows from the pile of colleted gear and follows along
The second day, fortunately, passes far more uneventfully than the morning.

Raegar: are there any chances I could find something to eat in the plains?
Rabbit stew.

A whole pot of it. Just sitting on the road.

You shoot it. It dies. And you.. make.. um.. stew.. out of it.

Raegar: you dont want to complicate things by having me go hunting do you P
Nick (Shae Vanderin): Hassenfeffer?
Raegar: =P
Kiergath: yarr
Raegar: ok, we eat and stuff
Raegar: keep going then
This is not the Oregon Trail! You do not need to go hunting buffalo in-game to get food!

Raegar: i should stop putting points into survival then
Raegar: =P
yeah, you don’t need to be able to track. Go for it.

*.-
*
Sorry, I partly said “You get to the end of the next day safely” because I was concerned its getting late.

Is that not the case?

Raegar: nah
Raegar: im good
Alex?

Shae Vanderin: “I suggest we use the same watch rotation as last night.”
Shae Vanderin: “If anyone is able to tend to wounds please see to all who were struck during the battle.”
Alex (Hoxton): Hm?
No? K.

Raegar: “I’ll see to it.”
Raegar: “Who’s wounded?”
Three millers. Hoxton.

Shae Vanderin: “I beleive some of our new comrades and Hoxton.”
Raegar: “…Just pair them to my watch.”
Raegar: “Ahhh thats a lot of people..”
Raegar: See to them before taking my rest and such
Technically you can keep an eye on all of them and they get the benefit there-of.

Raegar: ok
First watch.. uneventfully passes.

Second watch might as well have never happened.

What happens on third watch stays on third watch.

On fourth watch it starts raining.

Grats Ilphy!

Ilphvrae sighs
Morning comes with a slight drizzle.

Shae Vanderin: Change into dry clothes and then keep moving unless anyone has anything else.
Raegar: “Ugh.. I hate the rain..”
Ilphvrae: “rain is not so bad, it hides the sounds of our passage.”
Raegar: “It alse gets me wet.”
Selene: “I’m with Raegar on this one.”

Raegar: “I can’t shoot wet.”
The millers grudgingly un-string their crossbows.

Raegar: “Danger, I can shoot danger.”
Hoxton: “Water is but one of Horus’ many gifts to his faithful. Drink in and rejoice, comrades.”
Shae Vanderin: “I think a wagon might be a good investment for us if we plan to do alot of traveling.”
You begin the day’s march.

Selene: “Probably, yes.”

Mid-way through the third day, you see a column approaching on the road.

Shae Vanderin: “Hmm.”
Shae Vanderin: Any banners?
Raegar: estimated numbers?
Spot checks, both of you. And anyone else.

Shae Vanderin: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+5 = 6]
Shae, you’re not supposed to look *at the sun.

*
Raegar: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+7 = 18]
Nick (Shae Vanderin): lol
Raegar: Raegar! What do your elf eyes see!
Raegar: Their taking the hobbits to Isengard!
Raegar – you see a number of wagons and a bunch of men on foot.

Hoxton: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+1 = 2]
Raegar: =P
Hoxton, you’re spending too much time staring at your feet to avoid potholes.

Ilphvrae: Skill [Spot] [1d20+8 = 16]
Alex (Hoxton): I’m also likely calling them back to the column.
Ilph, you see about what Raegar does.
Estimates are three wagons and maybe twenty men on foot.

Raegar: “Well, 20 men just about.”
Raegar: “I dont think we could kill that many people.”
Another is abreast the column, mounted.

At the head of the column, with the advance guard, you see a banner, hanging down from a cross-pole

A deep blue field, with a gold hammer over an anvil in the center. The anvil is emblazoned with a number of runes.

Nick (Shae Vanderin): I knew I should have picked up a rank in knowledge: heraldry.
Selene: “They’re friendly, unless anyone does something foolish.”

Shae Vanderin: “Are they from Garmol?”
Selene: “No, Daltigoth – Dwarves. Fourth Kheledrast, at a guess. Probably headed back home.”

Indeed, as they draw nearer, you see that they are short – at first you thought it was distance.

Raegar: “..Dwarves.”
Shae Vanderin: Wave a salute to them as we pass each other.
Hoxton raises a salutation to the mounted one, offering them Horus’ most effusive blessings.
Raegar: “Hi.”
They trudge unceasingly by, clothing and armor that was clearly quite showy now stained with mud and blood and torn. Helms hang from their belts, and their faces show their exhaustion.

Raegar: “Hmm they look battle-worn.”
Shae Vanderin: “Is the road to Garmol safe my friends?”
The mounted one returns your salutes from the back of his pony, “Ho there, travellers.. we haven’t seen many on these roads.”

Shae Vanderin: “Aye, we have come from the village of Rurik.”
Dwarf: “The road to Garmol? Aye, she’s safe for the moment. We haven’t had any trouble, but alot can happen in two days. Still, the patrols reach out a day’s march – so if you make it safely on your next day, you’ll be clear.”

Dwarf: “At least so far no bandit’s come within a day’s march..”

Raegar: “We had trouble with a band of bandits.”
Dwarf: “Eh? How far out?”

Raegar: “Yesterday was it? You’ll find them dead.”
Dwarf: “Huh. We’ll keep an eye out and burn them, then. No sense letting them rot. And you can never trust bodies in this foul country.”

Raegar: "We didnt take the time ourselves. You look a bit worn for wear. Are you a merchant caravan?É
You realize, as you talk, that your estimate was badly off; concealed by the wagons were still other detachments, and at this point nearly a hundred dwarves have trudged past along with the three wagons. All are heavily armed and armored, but all seem exhausted and at the end of their ropes.

Dwarf: “Merchants? Bless you, no. Fourth Kheledrast, sapping and assault detachment. We just got called back north, though – we’ve been on garrison duty in Tombshade for most of six months.”

Raegar: “Hard posting?”
Dwarf: “Eh, its not work for infantry like us, mate. Hunting down bandits is for people with long legs, like you elves. We just end up wearing ourselves out and never catching anything.”

Dwarf: “Six months of chasing bandits and jumping at shadows – by Moradin, I hope this country rots.”

Raegar: “Wait, Brigands again?”
Raegar: “I’m sorry, I’ve been terribly rude. My name is Raegar. You are?”
Dwarf: “Hells, aye, brigands – you root out one band and two more take their place.”

Dwarf: “Dralfi Forgebreaker, Clan Ironstar, at yer service.”

Dwarf: “I ended up in the army because they didn’t want me around the smithies.”

Raegar: “We might just try our luck in Tombshade. Who should we ask for in Tombshade?”
Raegar: “We are looking for work in any case.”
Dwarf: “Garmol’s not a bad bet either, then. There’s forest between it and Tombshade, and the damn brigands love their trees.”

Dwarf: “If I’d had my way, we’d’ve burned the whole lot down around their ears and smoked ’em out, but high command said no.”

Raegar: “Yes.. Burn the trees.. great idea sir Dwarf.”
Dwarf: “Aye! I know, right?”

Raegar: “In any case, I’m sure you would like to get back to your men, is there anyone we should look up in Garmol?”
Dwarf: “Meh, I’ve no idea – but if you check in at the garrison they ought to have bounties posted.”
Raegar: “Many thanks.”
Raegar: keep on walkin
Dwarf: “Been a pleasure, sirrah – ladies, hulking brutish fellows, paladin. Safe travels.”
Dwarf spurs his pony on after his men.
Raegar turns to Shae.
Shae Vanderin: “This is good news. We might be able to make quite a bit of coin in Garmol.”
Raegar: “Well, now we have information.”
Raegar: “Indeed, or Tombshade should the gold dry up in Garmol.”
Shae Vanderin: “Onward!”
The rest of day 3 passes uneventfully.

Shae Vanderin: Same watch rotatation.
Shae Vanderin: Is there a river or stream nearby?
You find… a pond.

Shae Vanderin: nah.
No, no, I’m quite sure – its a pond.

Shae Vanderin: nevermind.
Third watch. Raegar, listen check.

Its always third watch…

Raegar: Skill [Listen]
[1d20+3 = 15]
Movement in the darkness. Like the rustle of steel.

A sort’ve jingly noise.

Raegar: bow out
Raegar: “Who goes there?”
Shae, you get kicked awake.

Raegar, no response.
Raegar: draw
Raegar: move in closer
Raegar: slowly
Shae Vanderin looks up sleepy-eyed, “What is it?”
Raegar: “Not sure.”
Raegar: “Jingly noises, sounds metallic.”
Selene moves on to Ilph and shakes her awake.
Shae Vanderin stands up and grabs her sword.
Ilph, you are woken.

Raegar.. spot.

Shae, spot and listen.

Raegar: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+7 = 9]
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+5 = 7]
Shae Vanderin: Skill [Listen] [1d20+1 = 14]
Raegar: ATTEMPT TO DIPLOMACY WITH IT
Raegar: Skill [Diplomacy] [1d20+3 = 18]
Raegar: =P
Ilphvrae Whispers “What?”
Selene: “Not sure, but we’ve got company.”

Ilphvrae: Skill [Spot]
[1d20+8 = 11]
Shae, you hear the noise too – from several locations.

Ilphvrae: Skill [Listen] [1d20+8 = 13]
Hoxton, you are shaken awake.

Shae Vanderin: Light my lantern.
You light your lantern.

Hoxton: “What is it woman? Can’t a servant of Horus get some sleep?”
Shae Vanderin: point it around.
Selene: “I assumed a servant of Horus would prefer not to die asleep – we have incoming.”

Shae

You point your lantern around.

The jingling sound is joined, suddenly, by the rattle of blades on sheathes.

Hoxton: “Great scott, woman! You should have woken me sooner! Horus bless you for your foresight!”
I need initiatives.

Shae Vanderin: Initiative
[1d20+5 = 10]
Nick (Shae Vanderin): remember to add 4
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 22]
Hoxton: Initiative [1d20 = 12]
Your zealousness is noted, now give me init. :p

Alex (Hoxton): Hahaha… fair enough. Sorry.
Hoxton: I wanted to kill it.
Hoxton: With fire.
Ilphvrae: Initiative [1d20+9 = 10]
Doug (Ilphvrae): sigh
Raegar: Initiative [1d20+5 = 13]
Raegar: i have a feeling
Alex (Hoxton): A feeling?
Alex (Hoxton): As though a great number of voices cried out all at once?
Ilphvrae: no, no more like “It’s a Trap!”
Looming out of the darkness, charging with more speed than any bag of bones has a right to, are six armored skeletal forms. Mail hangs loosely from their boney shoulders, and longswords and shields are clutched tightly in boney fingers.

Their eye sockets glow with a hellish light.

Raegar: WEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Raegar: FAVORED ENEMY HOOOO
Nick (Shae Vanderin): Raegar is actually before hoxton in the order if you want to be meticulous about it.
Yar, and Ilph is at 14.

Raegar: its melee time
It is indeed melee time. Unfortunately, they’re also first.

Hoxton: “By Horus’ Beard! The bones of heathens have risen again to speak against his name!”
Nick (Shae Vanderin): this is gonna hurt.
One charges Raegar; One charges Ilph, one charges Selene, one charges Shae, two charge Hoxton

Hoxton seems to have offended them.

Raegar is missed.

Alex (Hoxton): …He does that.
Hoxton forgot to adjust his HP for healing overnight…

Nick (Shae Vanderin): Hoxton and Shae arent wearing armor I dont think
Hoxton sleeps in the stuff.

We already had this conversation on steam :)

Nick (Shae Vanderin): Shae doesnt.
Unfortunately for Hoxton, it didn’t help.

The second on Hoxton misses.

Shae is missed.

Alex (Hoxton): How many HP did I gain overnight, and was it already adjusted?

I did it.

Raegar: dont forget you get a 2hp bonus from me
Raegar: oh
Raegar: ok
Alex (Hoxton): Ty ty.
Its 2/level if you’re being overseen by a healer.

Ilphvrae is hit!

Selene is missed.

Ilphvrae: “IIIEEEEE!”
Selene hits hers.

Raegar

Raegar: normal hits on mine
Raegar: meleeee
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 1) [1d20+7 = 9]
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 2) [1d20+2 = 5]
Yarr?

Raegar: oh good
Raegar: i misss both
Yarr.

Hoxton

Alex (Hoxton): OK… what’s on me?
Two skellingtons.

Armored. Shielded. Armed.

Hoxton: “Back to the earth you go! From Fire to Ashes, Bones to Dust, Horus-Re guides my hand!”
Hoxton: PA – 2!
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 18]
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Damage) [1d12+4 = 13]
…<sigh> Cleave?

Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 9]
Ilphvrae

Ilphvrae swings her bad at the damn boneman. “HOW DARE YOU HIT ME! GET IT OFF!”
Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 23]
yarr.

Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Damage) [1d8+2 = 10]
Two glowy darts flit from Lasariel’s bedroll and hit the one on Shae.

Shae Vanderin

Shae Vanderin: Did it go down?
No

Shae Vanderin: Attack sideways slash.
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) [1d20+4 = 8]
Have you considered changing your dice colors?

The lumberjacks wake up!

ROUND TWO.

Selene, Ilph, missed.

Shae! Your skeleton clacks his teeth together mockingly and drives his sword through your body!

Raegar is missed.

Hoxton, your surviving skeleton winds up and takes a hack at your arm, no doubt attempting to force you to drop Horus’s loving cuddle-hammer.

Selene misses.

Raegar

Raegar: Longswords (Attack 2) [1d20+2 = 3]
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 2) [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 1) [1d20+7 = 24]
Raegar: Longswords (Damage) [1d10+3 = 10]
Raegar: + 2
was that a d10?
Raegar: dontcha love favored enemies
Raegar: nope thats a d8
okay.

Alex (Hoxton): That looks like a d10
Hoxton: [1d8 = 6]
yarr, thats a d10

Alex (Hoxton): Thats a D8
Raegar: [1d8 = 7]
Raegar: [1d8 = 7]
Raegar: there you go
Raegar: how do i change it in my thing?
Raegar: on the sheet?
Done

Raegar: thanks
Hoxton
yarr – in the future, right click the die and use the “clear dice” button – looks like an eraser.

Raegar: ..i still did 12
Raegar: ahh
Raegar: ok
Hoxton swings his club in a cruel mockery of the skeleton, going for his arm.
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 14]
She’s a miss.

Ilphvrae

Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 17]
Ilphvrae growls “Get back damn you!”
yarr

Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Damage) [1d8+2 = 4]
Two more darts strike Ilph’s this time.

Shae Vanderin

Shae Vanderin: Spin out of the wound and backslash the one on me.
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) [1d20+4 = 7]
Bro. Dice color. Change it.

:P

Raegar: did mine drop?
Raegar: or is it still up and standin’
Its still glaring at you

Raegar: dang
The lumbermen are awake! They charge into the fray!

They are still asleep.

ROUND THREE

Raegar, you are hit!

Raegar: booo
Raegar: how many much damages?
Hoxton, you apparently put yours off-balance, and he stabs his own knee.

Raegar – 3 points.

Raegar: that bastard
Raegar: will pay dearly
Raegar

Raegar: Longswords (Attack 1) [1d20+7 = 27]
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 1) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 2) [1d20+2 = 18]
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 1) [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 19]
Raegar: ok, i didnt follow that
sorry, no crit. two hits though

Raegar: the fuck happend
Raegar: oka
Raegar: Longswords (Damage) [1d8+3 = 5]
Raegar: Longswords (Damage) [1d8+3 = 8]
Raegar: + 4
Raegar: (total)
no, + 2 and + 2

:p

Raegar: yea, total =P
Raegar: …we said the same thing
Hoxton

Raegar: 17 total
Raegar: …ITS STILL ALIVE?
Raegar: ..Mine is a troll skeleton.
Raegar: save me
Hoxton: “Down with you, EVIL!”
Hoxton: SMITE!
Alex (Hoxton): Can I PA as well?
yeah, afaik

Raegar: Lack of smite is common amongst men of a certain age.
Alex (Hoxton): SMITE PA – 2
Raegar: please consult a physician to know what course of action might be available to you.
if you miss, I will weep

Hoxton: + 1 to hit, + 2 damage Smite + 4 Damage PA
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 13]
Hoxton: I will weep as well.
errhmm….

I’m having a hard time feeling that war cry, too..

Alex (Hoxton): Yeah, my heart wasnt in it.
14 total?

Raegar: Cam ye by Atholl
Alex (Hoxton): Da, 14 to hit.
yeah, thats a miss.

Ilphvrae

Ilphvrae: “Go away! GO AWAY!” /em hit it with my blade again
Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 23]
Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Damage) [1d8+2 = 9]
yarr.

That will finally kill a second.

Shae Vanderin

Ilphvrae: “ACK! Oh my gods, oh my gods! It is on my foot! Get it off! ACK!”
Shae Vanderin: Try an upward slash between the things legs.
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) [1d20+4 = 20]
yarr!

Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Damage) [2d6+3 = 10]
Shae’s collapses!

Nick (Shae Vanderin): woot
The lumberjacks once again try to prove they can hit something!

Raegar: ..and fail!
Raegar! One of them kills yours.
Raegar: im killing a lumberjack
Selene gets smacked

Hoxton is struck!

Selene misses.

Raegar

Raegar: is Selene close enough that I can attack hers and move?
Raegar: move and attack rather
yarr

Raegar: attack
Raegar: flanking?
yarr

Raegar: ..whats that do? =P
+ 2 to hit.

Raegar: Longswords (Attack 2) [1d20+4 = 6]
Raegar: Longswords (Attack 1) [1d20+9 = 26]
one.

Raegar: Longswords (Damage) [1d8+3 = 5]
Raegar: 7
Hoxton

Nick (Shae Vanderin): fyi if you didnt know you can use that modifier thing on the bottom left of the screen to modify your next roll for damage, init, bonuses to hit, whatever.
Raegar: i cant get mine to work -(
Raegar: i tried
Hoxton: “Fear, death, these things are nothing in the eyes of Horus! There is only your destruction!”
Raegar: gave up and just go up and down on my rolls thingy on the mini
Alex (Hoxton): PA – 2
Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Attack 1) [1d20+5 = 13]
Eh, sure, why not.

Hoxton: Warmace (2h) + 1.5 Str (Damage) [1d12+4 = 13]
for a roll of 98 on a percentile, I’ll say someone’s watching.

Alex (Hoxton): YAY
Ilphvrae

Its still there, though.

Doug (Ilphvrae): 1 still standing?
Two.

One on Hox, one on Selene.

Doug (Ilphvrae): Who am I close to?
Either one.

Ilphvrae: Racial Pride!
Doug (Ilphvrae): Racial Pride!
Ilphvrae attacks the one assaulting Selene
Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Attack 1) [1d20+10 = 17]
GM: yarr
Ilphvrae: Scimitar (Damage) [1d8+2 = 8]
Shae Vanderin

Shae Vanderin: Run up to the one on Hoxton and try to take out its legs with a cross slash.
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) [1d20+4 = 23]
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) [CRITICAL THREAT]
Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Attack 1) [CONFIRM] [1d20+4 = 5]
yar, no crit.

Shae Vanderin: Greatsword (Damage) [2d6+3 = 5]
Dead!

The mercs dog-pile on the one attacking Selene.

And lay it low.

Quiet descends once more upon the camp, except for the sound of Hoxton’s blood gushing out on the flowers.

Raegar: is
Raegar: hoxton down?
No.

Raegar: ok
He is standing, stoically, with blood gushing from him like water from a showerhead.

He doesn’t seem to have noticed the situation.

Raegar: so..
That would be .. not.. dignified.

Raegar: do i seriously attend to his wounds or is he not really
Raegar: HEAL EVERYONE
He is badly wounded, but no, he’s not actually taking damage.

Shae Vanderin: “See to the wounded, keep alert, and pile these undead.”
He’s just Hoxton, and I have to make fun of him.
Raegar: Loot
Six longswords. Six shields (light, metal). Six chainmail hauberks.

Alex (Hoxton): Hoxton is above your joviality.
Hoxton waits until the undead are piled, then winds up and smashes all of their torsos with a mighty blow of his mace.
Hoxton: “For Horus, you shall not rise again!”
360 XP a piece, by the by, folkses!

Ilphvrae: That fight was worth 1400 xp I think, don’t you your awesome DMness?
Alex (Hoxton): Divided up that’d be worse than what we got.
Doug (Ilphvrae): Well 360xp per skeleton is 1440 that works :P
…that’s fuzzy math
Nick (Shae Vanderin): fyi Im keeping track of all the loot we got
yarr

Raegar: good cuz, im not
Raegar: =P
At some point, you might want start keeping it on a page on the wiki

so people know what’s in party stores

Shae Vanderin: good call.
Shae Vanderin: Rest up the remainder of the night tend to wounds and set forth again in the morning.
Raegar: how much Expees do we need for level 3?
Raegar: curious
3,000, iirc?

Shae Vanderin: uh
Shae Vanderin: let me see
1,000 2nd, 3,000 3rd, yar?

Doug (Ilphvrae): Yes, 3000 for level 3
Hoxton kneels down and prays to Horus for absolution, raising his palms to the sky, then to his chest.
The rest of the night will pass uneventfully.

no, you do not regain HP, its already 3rd watch.

Raegar: was hoxton fourth?
neg, Ilph

Raegar: k
Folks, its goin’ on 1, I suspect we should probably break it off here.

Shae Vanderin: Can we say we got to Garmol?
Shae Vanderin: Or is there more that may happen?
You’re clear.

This was the last day there was any danger, and you make it through.

Shae Vanderin: ok so we will pick up next time in sight of the city.
Yarr

Good show folks, I’ll have the log up some time tomorrow pry.

Shae Vanderin: with wounds healed each night
You can be full by the time you get there, I imagine.

Shae Vanderin: ok
Doug (Ilphvrae): Cool beans
Raegar: these are getting better and better
Raegar: ii think the two a week thing is workin’
Nick (Shae Vanderin): FYI next week I cant do Tuesday but I can do wed and thurs.
Yarr, before people bail – schedule next week?

Doug (Ilphvrae): Same is fine wif me
Dave? Input?

Raegar: fine with me
Aaand I’ll pester alex closer to the date.

Nick (Shae Vanderin): night guys, Morgan/Doug Ill see you on guild wars in a bit if you are gonna be on
sure why not?


Return to the main page.
Session 6
Session 8

Session 7

To Seek the Stars Kiergath